Adrian Flux Insurance

kelly58

I have just rang Adrian Flux for a motorhome quote as my renewal is imminent, but because I do not have a tracker on my £40k motorhome they would not offer me a quote this is the 1st time I have been refused a quote by any other insurer , so will this be a new criteria before we can get cover for our prized possession ? Although they give a discount for forward facing onboard camera which other insurers do not yet do .

Its their loss, there are dozens of motorhome insurance companys fighting for your custom out there, shop around, the clubs offer some good quotes, if over 50+ age Saga offer tempting offers.

Be prepared to shop around next year as well, you cannot afford to show any loyalty these days. IMO this Tracker restriction is rubbish, but I do agree with having a thatcham 1 alarm system installed.

When I changed my motorhome I asked for a quote for the new one, however, I was told that because my premium was due for renewal in the next couple of weeks that they could only give me a ballpark figure - which was about £30 more than for the old motorhome (and I Quote: "Certainly no more").

When I picked up the new Motorhome I rang Adrian Flux and was told my new insurace figure was over £200 more than I was expecting!

I made my feelings plain on the call that I had handed over my cash for the motorhome and had to take the insurance out there and then or I couldn't take the motorhome away, but that I wasn't very happy, I also reiterated this in an email after thay had requested proof of my no claims (which as they were my insurer, they already had)

I was gobsmacked when the only reply I got was an email - meant for another member of staff, discussing my complaint.

I replied to the email, asking if it should really have been sent to me. I got the reply telling me to ignore it!

However - I am still awaiting a response from my original complaint.

I have used this company before for classic car insurance but I certainly will NOT be using them again

A lot of them are the same, I have parked various motorhomes on the road out side my home for around 30 years, all of them new except the first. I was insured for the past 3 years with Caravan Guard, at the about a month before my last renewal, they phoned me asking if there was anyway I could park the motorhome off road, no, say's I, in that case, we will no longer be able to insure you.

bit awkward shopping around for new provider, one question is, has any insurance company refused to insure you, well yes, you can guess the rest, it did me a favour in the end as I insured with the caravan club at half the premium for the same cover, proving my no claims caused some problems.

the new cover didn't include u.k breakdown as the other did, but as I have a car as well and I need to cover my Wife on, i Had to take out rac cover anyway.

Pete

breakaleg - 2012-08-31 12:41 PM

the new cover didn't include u.k breakdown as the other did, but as I have a car as well and I need to cover my Wife on, i Had to take out rac cover anyway.

Pete

Have you considered Mayday breakdown cover through The Caravan Club? It is an excellent service (in our family's experience) and you can have both motorhome and car covered.

Hi, Yes have considered it, went with rac arrival through the cc, but are hoping to go abroad before the end of the year and think i will try mayday for that.

I have heard good things about mayday, used to be with the aa for years, but they wouldn't guarentee to recover the van (border line size limit) and having various disabilities, couldn't take the risk of being stranded at the road side, was with the aa for around 36 years, when I didn't renew my membership, they didn't even bother to ask why.

Pete

breakaleg - 2012-08-31 1:58 PM

Hi, Yes have considered it, went with rac arrival through the cc, but are hoping to go abroad before the end of the year and think i will try mayday for that.

RAC Arrival is a service for CCC (Camping and Caravanning Club) - I think it is on a par with Mayday which is for Caravan Club members.

I found that for us Mayday was not suitable for overseas breakdown cover . (If I remember correctly, they couldn't provide cover for the length of period we wanted.) We found that Carefree (Europ Assist) via CCC was the best - cheaper than Red Pennant via CC. However, the CC offer on the Calais/Dunkik ferry was the cheapest way of crossing the channel for us.

It certainly pays to spend a little bit of time researching the best deals.

Archived