PUMP PRICES CUT BY 5p LITRE - GUESS WHICH GOVERNMENT HAS DONE THIS? UK or FRENCH

ham

I have just recieved this news in an email sounds good as I am leaving for France tonight

PUMP PRICES CUT BY 5p LITRE - GUESS WHICH GOVERNMENT HAS DONE THIS? UK or FRENCH.... see http://www.fairfueluk.com/fairfueluksupporters.html

An amazing headline isn’t it – Government takes action to cut pump prices!

The only problem is that it refers to the FRENCH GOVERNMNENT taking action to cut pump prices for FRENCH families, small businesses and the country’s economy. It’s all the more amazing when you realise that the French Government have taken this decisive action AND their diesel price is about £1.15 per litre! – far lower than ours The news item does not state when this is to take effect Diesl at citie europe Carrefoure 1.29E today so no drop in price there yet.

At current rates of 1.26e = £1 thats about £1.10 pltr also French fuel prices include Road Tax unlike the UK , if you own 2 vehicles and can only drive one at once you still have to have a RFL for each vehicle . All comes back to " Rip Off Britain " .

Guest pelmetman

Cool B-).............off to France next week for a month :-D

UK government wouldn't do anything like that as they're to bleedin greedy, they'd rather give the bankers a bung *-)................can't wait to retire :D

pelmetman - 2012-08-30 5:20 PM

UK government wouldn't do anything like that as they're to bleedin greedy, they'd rather give the bankers a bung *-)................can't wait to retire. :D

Retiring where........in UK?? Very expensive place to live!!

I've been paying less than these pump prices in Bulgaria and Romania and as for tax in BG.....it's a laugh. You can live like a King on less than £500 a month.

To tax a C Class Mercedes..........£27 for 12 months.

MOT is £14 and Insurance £86

Local Council Tax on a large 4 bed property in approx half acre of ground........£25.

UK government wouldn't do anything like that as they're to bleedin greedy, they'd rather give the bankers a bung *-)................can't wait to retire. :D

I've been paying less than these pump prices in Bulgaria and Romania and as for tax in BG.....it's a laugh. You can live like a King on less than £500 a month.

Local Council Tax on a large 4 bed property in approx half acre of ground........£25.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2012-08-30 6:33 PM

Intend to spend just July and August in the UK ;-)

kelly58 - 2012-08-30 4:06 PM

At current rates of 1.26e = £1 thats about £1.10 pltr also French fuel prices include Road Tax unlike the UK , if you own 2 vehicles and can only drive one at once you still have to have a RFL for each vehicle . All comes back to " Rip Off Britain " .

Too right - and it doesn't even make "eco-"sense.

Once you've shelled out the fixed RFL for the year, the incentive is to drive rather than use public transport, as the "marginal" cost is usually less - even more so if you have a passenger.

Whereas if all the costs of driving were worked out by mileage (in the case of RFL this would be via fuel duty) public transport would be more viable, and the railway "auction" would be more realistic!

But, of course, if you like the cost of living, you should also be prepared to accept the local wages, which for Bulgaria, AFAIR, were on average about 1/17th of UK equivalents.

(not really so surprising that things are so cheap then ;-))

Replying to this using free wi-fi, sat in van overlooking river with boats moored, in centre of small historic town for cost of £6/night including hook-up and showers etc (if required). Enjoyed nice meal in van last night with good wine from local shop which cost under a fiver, almost half price of U.K. So no need to guess which country we are in! Looking forward to cut in fuel price for next fill up should mean then saving around 25/30p litre on U.K. prices which certainly beats tesco!

(We are on aire at Mouzon, dept 08, which is well worth a visit)

Guest pelmetman
Robinhood - 2012-08-30 9:27 PM

But, of course, if you like the cost of living, you should also be prepared to accept the local wages, which for Bulgaria, AFAIR, were on average about 1/17th of UK equivalents.

Sounds like a good place to spend some time when I'm living off Sue's pension ;-)

Hello,

I hate the 'Eurocracy' like anyone else but since they meddle in most things to do with taxation, VAT rates and for that matter, even our working week.....

Can't they do something useful and outlaw the insanely high fuel duty that our eco-idiots devised to raise money for wars that we have no business getting involved in and bailing banks out where they should be left to fail while telling us that it was for the good of the environment?

Fuel price should include road tax. Do more miles? Pay more. Got a big, thirsty engine? Pay more. Fair and simple.

I read the other day that the Government have been surprised by the rapid take up of low emission vehicles and that they are not collecting enough excise duty or company car tax. They will have to come up with a new way of collecting the shortfall.

And while I am on the subject... Why on earth is beer so expensive in France? Are they stupid or something to be paying £5 to £7 for a pint (approx)?

Enough.

Nick

Sud-Ouest, My local paper, reported that Fuel prices had been lowered by a minimum of 0.04€ to 0.06€ from Wednesday, 29th.

This has been achieved by a 0.03€ cut in duty provided that the fuel companies provide at least 0.01€ addition reduction.

The State Claim the Cost to the Exchequer is about 300,000,000€ so about the same as a bankers bonus.

The number of Sales at the Pumps doubled on Wednesday ;-)

euroserv - 2012-08-31 2:08 PM

Hello,

I hate the 'Eurocracy' like anyone else but since they meddle in most things to do with taxation, VAT rates and for that matter, even our working week.....

Can't they do something useful and outlaw the insanely high fuel duty that our eco-idiots devised to raise money for wars that we have no business getting involved in and bailing banks out where they should be left to fail while telling us that it was for the good of the environment?

Fuel price should include road tax. Do more miles? Pay more. Got a big, thirsty engine? Pay more. Fair and simple.

I read the other day that the Government have been surprised by the rapid take up of low emission vehicles and that they are not collecting enough excise duty or company car tax. They will have to come up with a new way of collecting the shortfall.

And while I am on the subject... Why on earth is beer so expensive in France? Are they stupid or something to be paying £5 to £7 for a pint (approx)?

Enough.

Nick

Nick agree that excise duty should be included in fuel duty. Reason French people do not worry about price of beer is that they are more sophisticated and drink wine which is much cheaper than in U.K.!

1/17th of a very high income maybe........but not 1/17th of an average UK income.

Lowest Bulgarian income is around €350 - 400 a month.

euroserv - 2012-08-31 2:08 PM

They already have.......they are going to start making owners pay road tax!

Remember the days of Diesel vs Petrol? Diesel was dirt cheap but nobody wanted a diesel car because they were under powered 'agricultural' lumps. Eventually vehicle manufacturers began refining the diesel engine and we now have some superb diesel engined cars. In particular look at Audi and BMW where the performance is quite astonishing.

So more people in UK began buying diesel engined cars.

Result.........price of Diesel is higher than Petrol.

UK Gov work on a simple theory. Look at what people like, enjoy or want to do.......then tax it to the max. If every UK citizen became a 'born again' Christian, went to Church and started singing hymns....they'd figure a way of taxing that.

Bulletguy - 2012-08-31 6:37 PM

1/17th of a very high income maybe........but not 1/17th of an average UK income.

Lowest Bulgarian income is around €350 - 400 a month.

.....well, there are lies, damn lies and statistics ;-)

The latest EU published data I can find for the gross average hourly pay indicates a difference of at least a factor of 17.

You pays your money.........

Robinhood - 2012-09-01 1:55 PM

The latest EU published data I can find for the gross average hourly pay indicates a difference of at least a factor of 17.

Your 'data figure' of a Bulgarian income being 1/17th lower than that of a UK income simply doesn't make sense. Using those figures against the lowest monthly BG wage (which was what I stated.....not the average), it would give a figure of £5389 per month or £64,668 pa for a UK worker.

Considering the Office for National Statistics puts the average UK income at £26k, that makes a total nonsense of your 'guesstimate' of 1/17th.

Bulletguy - 2012-09-01 2:45 PM

Robinhood - 2012-09-01 1:55 PM

Your 'data figure' of a Bulgarian income being 1/17th lower than that of a UK income simply doesn't make sense. Using those figures against the lowest monthly BG wage (which was what I stated.....not the average), it would give a figure of £5389 per month or £64,668 pa for a UK worker.

Considering the Office for National Statistics puts the average UK income at £26k, that makes a total nonsense of your 'guesstimate' of 1/17th.

.....not my guesstimate, simply a quote from EU official statistics on the average hourly wage (not quite the same as income, but that's statistics for you ;-))

Quite easily searchable, but not on my 'phone.

Terms and conditions apply; other statistics are available.

Robinhood - 2012-09-01 3:25 PM

.....not my guesstimate, simply a quote from EU official statistics on the average hourly wage (not quite the same as income, but that's statistics for you ;-))

Maybe actually speaking to people who live in both these countries instead of reading and believing 'statistics' would change your mind.

Bulletguy - 2012-09-01 4:14 PM

Robinhood - 2012-09-01 3:25 PM

Maybe actually speaking to people who live in both these countries instead of reading and believing 'statistics' would change your mind.

......but to do that properly, I'd need to speak to every one of them, rather than just a selected few (that's how you get a national average ;-)).

TBH, I have a healthy scepticism of statistics (especially EU ones), but at the moment, I'd rather trust their 'science' than your few conversations. :-s

Guest pelmetman
Robinhood - 2012-09-01 7:03 PM

TBH, I have a healthy scepticism of statistics (especially EU ones), but at the moment, I'd rather trust their 'science' than your few conversations. :-s

I agree..............but I prefer the anecdotal evidence from BG to the EU.....................as at least its up to date and not been fed through the EU make it fit our propaganda mill *-)....................By the way has the EU had their accounts verified yet (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol)

Bulletguy - 2012-08-31 8:36 PM

UK Gov work on a simple theory. Look at what people like, enjoy or want to do.......then tax it to the max. If every UK citizen became a 'born again' Christian, went to Church and started singing hymns....they'd figure a way of taxing that.

Ssssshhhh!!!!

"They" might be reading this!

Archived