Cab lights on a Flash S2

mikejkay

Just getting to know my newly purchased 2011 Chausson Flash S2 and am being driven to distraction by my inability to find the on/off switch for the two spotlights mounted in the cab roof. Took ages to find the light switch for the washroom - mounted at knee level! Anybody know?

Also, am missing the Fiat key CODE card. Is this absolutely necessary to get a spare key?

Spotlights-wise there seem to be at least 3 choices...

1. There's a 'hidden' On/Off swtch.

2. The On/Off switch is integrated into the lights themselves (eg. the light-surround is pushed or turned). This would allow the spotlights lights to be operated individually.

3. The lights are wired into the circuitry of another light (or other lights) and will go On and Off automatically in synchrony with that light (or those lights). For example, it's probable that your Ducato has a cab-light as standard above the rear-view mirror and the switch for that light might possibly also operate the spotlights.

I've browsed through the Flash S2 owners' report in MMM September 2012, but there's nothing in it about the operation of the cab-roof spotlight.s (or the odd position of the washroom light-switch for that matter).

I did find the following entry in the Chausson section of the MotorHomeFacts forum. The 2nd posting, from a Flash S2 owner, mentions the difficult-to-find washroom switch and seems to be implying that the cab-lights are operated as I suggested in Option 3 above.

http://www.motorhomefacts.com/ftoptitle-119394-chausson-welcome-64-lights.html

I have the 2010 Flash S2 and as standard there is only the 3 spot lamps, 2 over the bed and 1 on the passinger side just under the top locker. All these are operated via small switches in their base. None in the cab, so it looks like an after thought from previous owner. Can you get the supplying dealer to call them?

Other than that I am sure you will enjoy the S2 we certainly do.

Many thanks to all the responders, particularly pepe63 who gets the prize. The lights are on the inside wall of the overhead lockers/cubby holes - roughly midway along. I had looked inside the cubby holes but, obviously not thoroughly enough. All I can say is thank goodness for t'internet.

Bad design though, as anything moving around in the cubby hole could switch on a light which could be dangerous when driving at night. Odd lack of thought considering the generally innovative design of the van. I intend to look at moving the switches to the outside of the cubby wall.

Bad news about the CODE card and the cost of keys. My previous Ducato came with two electronic fobs and two spare keys, one a red "master" key.

Any body know whether the Ducato 130 multijet is fitted with an immobiliser as standard? The Specification refers to something called a "Ignition Interlock System" being fitted as standard. I'm having trouble as the Owners Handbook is written in french and my dictionary is not up to translating quasi-technical terms.

I'm looking forward to going across to France so see if immigration look under the bed. Room for at least three "passengers" there! ;-)

Archived