Croatia-campsites inland?

rapido girl

Hello there- we're off down to Croatia (will be there for the last couple of weeks of this month) and I have found that all my campsite books seem to only have coastal sites and I wondered if any of you had travelled to inland areas and if so, how do you manage as I understand that there are no 'aire' type facilities. Would appreciate any help with this.

We are just back from Croatia - absolutely loved it. We use the Caravan Club's 'Caravan Europe 2' which lists several sites inland including Zagreb, Karlovac and sites near Plitvice Lakes- which are not to be missed.

Also must add, as we are Rapido owners too, that Wokingham Motrhomes are really helpful.

Enjoy Croatia!

Hello Rapido- Lass,

Sorry, we were away for the weekend or I would have replied sooner. I realise you have already left for your trip but I am hoping you pick this up.

We too have this year's edition of the Caravan Club Book and the sites I mentioned were:

Zagreb- We were going to use the site under Karlovac on page 180, which is actually in Duga Resa, and use the train, as we didn't fancy the sites closer in. In the end, the site was full (beginning of August) so we will head there another time.

For Plitvice Lakes there are two sites listed under Rakovica on page 186. We used Camping Grabovac which was fine but facilities were overstretched- again at the beginning of August. There is a minibus to the lakes which saves shifting the van. Camp Korana also runs buses to the lakes. We took a two day pass but you can certainly see most of the accessible park in one day. Fabulous!

Have a great time. We loved Croatia and the Croatians. The sites were good and the scenery amazing.

Cheers, Susan

Guest JudgeMental
dont miss the national park and lakes they are beautiful..many sites all over the place.... we are working our way home now after a wonderful 6 weeks in Italy/Croatia....

In the bar at Camp Korana at Plitvicke Lakes at the moment. Nice site if a little bit disordered in the way of pitches. But great restaurant, showers and bar.

Near Karlovace try Camp Slapic at Duga Resa actually just outside. The place is great right on the river, and some great bike rides there. Just be careful they are doing some work on the bridge and there is a baileybridge at the moment but you can bypass this.

Plitvicke lakes and waterfalls are well worth a visit and can be done in a day, unless you want to get into the rest of the park in the hills and do some walking.

In the bar at Camp Korana at Plitvicke Lakes at the moment. Nice site if a little bit disordered in the way of pitches. But great restaurant, showers and bar.

Near Karlovace try Camp Slapic at Duga Resa actually just outside. The place is great right on the river, and some great bike rides there. Just be careful they are doing some work on the bridge and there is a baileybridge at the moment but you can bypass this.

Plitvicke lakes and waterfalls are well worth a visit and can be done in a day, unless you want to get into the rest of the park in the hills and do some walking.

Archived