Goodies & Goonies

michele

Perhaps the mods can keep this at the top?.

I rather had a thought of doing like a Trip Advisor listing . Just like when you decide to go some where on holidays and you want to read what people are saying about it good/or bad .

If the mods keep it at the top then people can make up their own minds if they wish to use .

Its not designed to be a slagging off companies thread ,more a bad because/ would'nt use again...or Good because and would use again . The score would be out of five , so for example so far I would give Autotrail & Elite 5 stars .

You get the picture wonder if it could work .

So I'll start if you all don't mind.

Elite Motorhomes Banbury Oxford I would use again.

Efficent hand over not rushed offered more time if needed full handover family run business .

Would use again and have been exceptionally good with the recent problems call back when they say they will. 5 stars

Autotrail

Exceptionally fast in sorting our recent problems nice to talk to, gone above and beyond what we asked of them . Would use again 5 stars .

Hi

Glad to see you got the water problem sorted...

We love our Autotrail, and use Brownhills which I know have been in a few links but we have always been impressed with the service. We also use there free stop-over pitches and use the swimming pool whilst there, useful when on the way to Norfolk area from Brum.. ****

Hi Michele,

I like your idea so will add my Goodie to your list..

BJ Bannings Tyres and Batteries in Birmingham. Link to website.

They stock a decent range of Varta, Trojan, Exide and other premium batteries including the latest Varta Professional Leisure batteries and price matched the best on-line price I could find.

They also came out with the best price for 5 new Conti's for our MH and ordered them in and fitted on time as promised.

They also fit exhausts and do servicing and MOT's although I have never used them for either.

It is a family run business where service is priority and is located quite literally 500 yards off the M6 at Spaghetti junction so very easy to get to.

My experience has been of excellent service and they get 10 out of 10 from me.

Keith.

Another goodie.

A & N Mobile Caravan Services (based in north Wales).

Excellent quality of workmanship across the full range of servicing at competitive prices. They are the best place pricewise for any Electroblock problems, they sell new and refurbished EBL's at about half of the price a certain UK dealer used to charge. They also sell various solar regulators etc. on their website and offer first class advice for self fitting of items.

http://www.aandncaravanservices.co.uk/stock-list.php

Tel: 07803 072636

Another vote for Brownhills in the Goodies section please. Have bought many vans from them over the years, always with deals better than others offer and good after-sales. Special mention to the ladies in service reception who are always very helpful yet have to take a lot of flack from some customers for things that are clearly not their fault.

Also in Goodies section a vote for all the villages, towns and cities in France that provide the excellant aires stop over network (sending this on the free w-fi provided on the small but well set out aire in the interesting town of Commercy (dept 55); free overnight, sevices 3€, 4hrs electricity 3€).

Goonies, all those places in the U.K. that will not allow aires and the greedy camp site owners who charge £20 plus a night for a pitch of doubtful quality!

Damn. Missed you. We were at Commercy on 7 Sept and enjoyed it.............Would love to have picked your brains on Aires......then moved to Froncles which is a belter (in our view)

Arthur

robertandjean - 2012-09-08 8:33 PM

............sending this on the free w-fi provided on the small but well set out aire in the interesting town of Commercy (dept 55); free overnight, sevices 3€, 4hrs electricity 3€).

747 - 2012-09-08 7:12 PM

Another goodie.

A & N Mobile Caravan Services (based in north Wales).

Excellent quality of workmanship across the full range of servicing at competitive prices. They are the best place pricewise for any Electroblock problems, they sell new and refurbished EBL's at about half of the price a certain UK dealer used to charge. They also sell various solar regulators etc. on their website and offer first class advice for self fitting of items.

http://www.aandncaravanservices.co.uk/stock-list.php

Tel: 07803 072

Another vote for this outfit, first class.

Archived