Fiat Ducato Mirror. Help.

coach2000

Can any one give me any advice please on replacing my Drivers side mirror.. Unbeliavably another camper van came onto the dividing line and sideswiped my mirror in Scotland the other day so I have now come home to make a proper repair.

I have looked on E.bay for a replacement and even though the mirrors are the same, the long arms are two seperate ruber covered whilst mine is a one piece. loads for sale but not like mine.

Does any one know if you can just get the mirror part and will any Ducato one fit my arm as this is not damaged. I have just cut the wires and unbolted the mirror as the bracket inside was smashed leaving the casing intact. My mirror is shown below if I can get it to upload.

Just one other thing, can any one reccomend where to get one from.

Clive.

Yes you can get them but hard to find. I have come across someone selling them but for theh life of me cannot remember where. What you can do is find a cheap one (new or second hand) and swap bits over and make good. There are a few places. e.g. http://www.shop4parts.co.uk/?name=store&op=Details&ProdID=5966&sku=14987 which is the short twin arm. but you can get cheaper on Ebay.

Hi there coach 2000;

I've just had a very positive experience with a Fiat Commercial garage; their parts department to be precise.

I was looking for an item, relatively small (or so I thought) . Initially they advised me that it would be £105 +vat, and a special order.

I declined (in shock).

20 minutes later they phoned back and said that they'd found one on their shelves, been there a couple of years; a warranty item ordered but the customer didn't go back.

Upshot; they could let me have it for £30 + vat.............RESULT!!

Might be worth finding your local Fiat commercial

regards

alan b

Thanks Brambles and Snowie for your help.

I tried my local Fiat dealer today and on the system there are 3 mirrors that match my reg but you cannot tell which one it is. You have to buy complete with arm, anything upto £200. They will order and change if wrong.

Looks like I will have to go round some of the scrapyards although I rang the biggest one in Bolton and they had nothing like it.

Will take the arm off later this week and see if there is a serial number behind.

Clive.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I finally sorted my mirror. I decided to change both sides for a pair of long double arm one's. They are shorter than the solid arm but you can still see along the length of the vehicle.

Thanks to Wingmirrorman and Dave, the price was £187 for a pair. Brand new Lucas electric.

The solid arms were not in stock but were expected in a week at a price of £169 for one. I thought this was dear till I checked with Fiat and the original price they give me was for manual and they wanted nearly £300 each.

So I went for the long arm as it would be cheaper to replace any future breakages at nearly half the price for a pair.. Also went round every breakers yard in Bolton and Bury, rang Bacup and Manchester van parts to try and get cheap but nothing in stock.

Thanks once again for your replies.

Clive.

Archived