oo..er ... just bought a new toy with wheels!!!

Mel B

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is my new 'toy' - what do you think of the colour!!! :->

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170902881656?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

The chap had it up for sale at £2,695 on his website but I got it for £2,000 on ebay which is a good price (yes I've done my research!):

http://www.motonation.co.uk/used-car.php?ID=25

He's putting 12 months MOT and Tax on it (only £35 a year for tax!) and it'll have 3 months warranty too. :-D

As for an 'A' frame - NOT A CHANCE - this one hasn't been towed at all and is staying that way!!!

We are going to see how we get on with it instead of a 'normal' car and if it works out okay we'll sell our Renault Modus and just have the Smart, the Accent and our scooters. We will be able to use the camper for main shopping etc and going to the skip and use the Smart as a general run-about and 'fun' car - we might even start going to microcar rallies again seeing as we'll have a 'micro car' again (to qualify as a microcar it has to be under 700cc which it is just!).

Mel B - 2012-09-09 9:18 PM

This is my new 'toy' - what do you think of the colour!!! :->

Ah..Em...!! Tyre''s Look great Mel (lol)

Looks like a bargain especially with the engine, should'nt have any probs there.

Now...if you can find me a very good Lotus Cortina Mk1 or Mk2 for around the same price, I'll be very grateful :D

Dave

colin - 2012-09-09 10:09 PM

Lets hope you do better than the last person to 'buy' it on ebay

Yes, we asked about that too!!! Apparently the buyer hadn't read the description correctly and thought it came with a full MOT, the seller said he'd put one on for him FOC, but the buyer spat his dummy out and didn't go through with the sale! 8-) That's the 'polite' version anyway!!! :D

We have a very good little garage near us (he's always looked after our vehicles since we've lived in Cottigham) so we'll ask them to give it a good looking over when we get it home - worth an hour's labour to ensure nothings going awry especially whilst it has a warranty with it. :-D

Hubby says he'll drive it ... probably in disguise!!! :$

Mel B - 2012-09-09 10:24 PM

nowtelse2do - 2012-09-09 9:48 PM

Now...if you can find me a very good Lotus Cortina Mk1 or Mk2 for around the same price, I'll be very grateful :D

Dave

There you go Dave ... you only have to ask!

Lotus Cortina Mk 2

Cheer's Mel but I don't think that would get he adrenaline going.

£20....they'll be getting as dear as the real thing before long 8-)

Dave

Archived