A Geat Day.

nowtelse2do

Went to Warwick Castle and had a great day out, sunshine and warm all day (not use to that up Norf) Went on a club rally so only cost a tenner for car, granddaughter, Eve and me. If you just go for a day out otherwise, it would cost £24.50 each £18. 60p for a child and whatever it is to park the car. So with the petrol it would have topped £150. 8-) Are these places pricing themselves out in today's climate?

Dave

There is a belief in the UK that if it ain't expensive it ain't any good, and our service industries ensure that at least the price is always way over the top. The product is usually mediocre. I agree with Flicka that going to Europe will open the eyes to realistic pricing. Here in Spain you can park almost anywhere without a parking meter or warden in sight and costs of food and of course drink are bluntly, where they should be. Yes, it costs to get here but over the course of a year you get an awful lot of more 'bang' for your 'bucks'. I would like to see the UK realise that killing any goose that lays any eggs is not very productive. Of course if they hired staff that could actually speak English, it would be a start.

flicka - 2012-09-09 11:03 PM

Another reason to get across the Channel.

French Chateaux's vary between 6 to 14 Euro for Adults.

While I agree that Warwick castle is a little expensive to compare it with a french chateaux is plain daft. French chateaux look good from outside but most are not worth the cost of admission and do not compare with our own stately piles inside. Warwich castle is great and massive efforts have been made to make sure it is entertaining for all the family inside, a really good day out. Why do people on here continue to knock the UK at every opportunity, it may have escaped your notice the UK has just put on the greatest sporting summer that their has ever been without a hitch. If your beloved france had got the olympics who knows what a shambles it would have been. Beats me why you are all still living in the UK at all.

Archived