Car parking fine

chas

I know a while back, there were posts on here about the legality of fines being issued by post for so called breaches of parking infringments in supermarket car parks.

I have tried to find the relavent posts but cant.

A family member, recieved a fine through the post for £60 together with camera pictures of time entering and leaving the supermarket car park, they had overstayed by about an hour.

Can any one advise again, on the legality of this speclative invoices, being as it shows photographic proof which many of these car parks are now adopting. The picture does not show the driver face.

Well perhaps you might tell us which supermarket this is so we don't fall into the same trap. It beggars believe the way companies treat their customers. I Should think rule one would be don't upset your customers because they will not return and they will tell their friends. Also tracing your address through the registration number by a supermarket is a misuse of information I should think as you haven't broken any UK laws as the law stands. So, who is it?

Here we go again .......... your family member overstayed on a car park by an hour, signs would have been up stating probably 2 hr max. Its a fair cop pay the fine.

I dont understand why people think its ok to park or stay overnight on private property for free. :-S

Also tracing your address through the registration number by a supermarket is a misuse of information I should think as you haven't broken any UK laws as the law stands. So, who is it?

No its not, various agencies including car park enforcers can approach the dvla for driver information, and the dvla WILL give them it. All quite legal as is allowing 2hrs free parking for customers then telling drivers that they will then have to pay a parking charge. Remember its not a fine you incurr its a parking charge.

chas - 2012-09-13 5:02 AM

I know a while back, there were posts on here about the legality of fines being issued by post for so called breaches of parking infringments in supermarket car parks.

I have tried to find the relavent posts but cant.

A family member, recieved a fine through the post for £60 together with camera pictures of time entering and leaving the supermarket car park, they had overstayed by about an hour.

Can any one advise again, on the legality of this speclative invoices, being as it shows photographic proof which many of these car parks are now adopting. The picture does not show the driver face.

Your best bet would be to GOOGLE-search on "honest john parking fines" (omitting the quotes) which wil retrieve masses of information including this example

http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/faq/private-parking-penalties/

There's also this

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/private-parking-tickets

Best of luck.

ips - 2012-09-13 8:46 AM

Here we go again .......... your family member overstayed on a car park by an hour, signs would have been up stating probably 2 hr max. Its a fair cop pay the fine.

I dont understand why people think its ok to park or stay overnight on private property for free.

I was seeking intelligent helpful advise, if thats the best you can offer, then I should keep stum old son.

Thanks Derek, as usual, a helpful reply which is being digested.

chas - 2012-09-13 4:51 PM

ips - 2012-09-13 8:46 AM

I dont understand why people think its ok to park or stay overnight on private property for free.

I was seeking intelligent helpful advise, if thats the best you can offer, then I should keep stum old son.

Thanks Derek, as usual, a helpful reply which is being digested.

i think you Will find that it was a very intelligent reply. Not my fault if its not what you want to here.

Archived