Versailles

Tomo

Tomo

According to the campingcar-infos website the 'aire' at Versailles Brendan refers to is part of the campsite "Camping Versailles Associations Les Matelots" that has an opening period of 15 June to 15 September.

The other Versilles 'aire' mentioned on the campingcar-infos website is also on a campsite, but this (apparently) opens from 22 March to 11 November. Some negative comments (and not exactly cheap), but close to the Versailles chateau and gardens.

http://www.huttopia.com/en/nature-camping-Versailles-france.html

If you play about with the following campingcar-infos map you should be able to get an idea of the complexity of the road system near Versailles.

http://www.campingcar-infos.com/Francais/ccia.php?numero=1821

I asked my wife (who visited Versalles on a coach trip a few years ago) what she remembered about the traffic there and she said it was what one might logically expect from a big-city suburban environment. Seems to me that, if one approached the Huttopia campsite from the west on the N12, and used a sat-nav (and avoided the rush hours), it should be easy enough to get there.

We visited Vesailles in April and stayed at Camping Caravanning International site at Maisons-Laffite. The site is about a 15 minutes walk (uphill) to the railway station where we got a train, having to change once, to Versailles. It took about 1 hour on the train. All -day travel tickets are available at the station and cover trains and metro.

The campsite cost us 16 euros plus tourist tax using the ACSI Discount Card (a huge saving on normal price).

We understand (from the campsite) that it is not possible to park a motorhome anywhere in Versailles.

Hi,
 I would not recommend the Huttopia Aire (car park) as many Motorhomes have been broken into in the past. It's much safer to use the campsite or campsites around and then use public transport into Versailles, I remember by passing that one, last year as I was tipped off on the above  activities . Easy to get in and out of and traffic should not be a big problem at the moment as we were there this time last year where we stayed with friends on the Matelots campsite with Aire just outside,,,,was still open and very friendly
Regards,
Brendan

Archived