Spare Wheel Carrier For Fiat Ducato

Guest Peter Kirvan

Guest Peter Kirvan

I have a Swift Sundance (Suntor) 590 RS 2008 Fiat Ducato 2.2mj.

Somehow or other I have lost the spare wheel (or has it been stolen?). My local mechanic is sourcing for me a new wheel and tyre but he has asked for a carrier to attach to the chasis. Does anybody know where I can source a spare wheel carrier pls? I have tried Towsure but they only make one for and Alko chasis.

Thanks.

I find it strange you require a carrier to attach to the chassis. Did your Motorhome actually have one in the 1st place as some Motorhomes are supplied without a spare wheel but an emergency inflation and sealant kit instead.

Also, there have been recalls on earlier Ducatos to get the carrier replaced as the spare wheel can become dislodged and the cable supporting it breaks. Maybe this is what has happened and your mechanic is asking for a replacement carrier. The carrier was subject to recall and therefore you should also get a replacment wheel via Fiat FOC if you have lost it due to carrier failure. How ignoring any recall notices will affect this I do not know.

As you appear to have the standard Fiat Chassis I woudl contact a Fiat dealer and enquire.

Archived