Winter in Portugal

johnnerontheroad

http://www.eurocampings.co.uk/en/europe/portugal/algarve/parque-municipal-de-camp.-de-monte-gordo-106414/ Monte Gordo has a reasonable camp site, I have not stayed on it  as we prefer to Wild Camp which is easy and great in Portugal, Monte Gordo has all the Supermarkets you need and also a nearby LIDL, lots  of  restaurants and Cafes  and a weekly  market too, nice town.super beaches lots of good walking too.

vindiboy - 2012-09-21 5:56 PM

http://www.eurocampings.co.uk/en/europe/portugal/algarve/parque-municipal-de-camp.-de-monte-gordo-106414/ Monte Gordo has a reasonable camp site, I have not stayed on it  as we prefer to Wild Camp which is easy and great in Portugal, Monte Gordo has all the Supermarkets you need and also a nearby LIDL, lots  of  restaurants and Cafes  and a weekly  market too, nice town.super beaches lots of good walking too.

Wouldn't send my worst enemy to the campsite in Monte Gordo, although we love Monte Gordo but we stay near Tavira.

• 4 weeks later...

Take a look at the site in Fuseta, smallish fishing village/town. halfway between Faro and Tavira.

New supermarket opened last year which is five minutes walk from the site. Site is nice enough and surrounded by sea on three side (one when the tide is out!)

Also handy for the coastal train so you can shop wherever you fancy between Faro and Montegordo if you don't have transport or don't want to move your motorhome too often.

If you want to get away from the coast there is a pleasant site just inland at Montcarapacho.

Has a brilllant sign at the gate that reads 'Rural Caravan Park with Animals and Fruit' - Pretty much all you need in life! there was a camel and a parrot at the gate and a human cannonball cannon parked there too.

Address for Fuseta/Fuzeta site:-

Camping Fuzeta

Rua Da Liberdade, No 2

Fuzeta

Portugal

I was wild camped outside the Fuseta Camp site a couple of years ago and had a new Radiator fitted by a local mechanic, it was great fun, about 20 Motorhomes  were wild camped there at the time and  about 15 men of all Nationalities gathered round the van and all gave advice in  different Languages on how the job should be done, the beer and wine was flowing and a great time was had  by all, 250 Euros for a new  rad, [Fiat ] 10 litres of anti freeze a rad bung some bolts and  clips and labour  cheap or what.

Archived