Hymer solar panels

Can anyone help with the solar panel connections to Hymer’s Transformer / Rectifier EBL99 The hand book just shows the face panel and says that Block 6 & 7 are for solar panel and regulator. Rodpro tell me that Brownhills connect directly to the batteries but that is obviously not the way intended by Hymer. Thanks Mike W

It's perfectly OK to connect to the batteries direct (via the regulator). It's what most fitters do. To connect to the panel, you need the installation instructions for it, which should include the wiring diagram.

Try this web address for details on how to fit a solar panel direct to the Electroblock EBL 100. http://www.schaudt-gmbh.de/pdf_dat/pr_en.pdf. I fitted my panel direct (via the regulator) to the leisure batteries. If you use your vehicle on a regular basis it should not be necessary to charge the vehicle battery if you go on longish runs.

When a motorhome electrical system has a designated input point for a solar panel this may enable the van instrumentation to indicate the charging amps from the panel. Its nice to see the charging amps when the sun shines. But either method will work otherwise. C.

Archived