French toll charges

Maddog

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks for that info Steve. I have looked at the site but it seems directed at the A28 (which is no good for me) although I know you can use all the autoroutes in France. French bank account no problem but can you subscribe without taking out one of the packages e.b. Confort? I have hunted but cannot find any way to contact them. Sorry!

Patricia - 2012-11-17 12:43 PM

Thanks for that info Steve. I have looked at the site but it seems directed at the A28 (which is no good for me) although I know you can use all the autoroutes in France. French bank account no problem but can you subscribe without taking out one of the packages e.b. Confort? I have hunted but cannot find any way to contact them. Sorry!

There are address/telephone details on this ALIS webpage:

http://www.alis-sa.com/gb/util/vosquestions.php

A direct e-mail address doesn't seem to be offered but, if you click on "contact us by e-mail" (in green in the "How can I obtain a toll tag?" section), or click on "I have another guestion" at the foot of the webpage, an e-mail 'message form' will be displayed.

Thank you for that extra information Derek. It seems that different operators are charging differently and some are offering "perks" so will need to look at this more closely before deciding which one to adhere to. Which ever one I eventually decide on, it seems an excellent idea for me particularly as Brian posted on a different thread, the lanes seem to be getting narrower (or I am getting bigger!) and it is a real squeeze to get out.

Thanks to everyone who has tried to help me.

Edit Incidentally all the operators seem to promoting safety i.e.less accidents as the reason to use autoroutes. For me, if I go in the car it would save another night in a hotel and if I go in the motorhome I tend to flit on and off to avoid too much boredom. I also think it is less stress on the m/home now which is well past its first flush of youth. Like me!!

Patricia - 2012-11-17 1:43 PM

Patricia,

Alis are the operators for the A28 autoroute and if you take out their liber-t and us sections of the A28 you get a discount for using it (A28).

I see that since I took my contract out with them they have changed their terms in that you must make 15 journeys on the Alis network in the first 12 months otherwise a one off €20 is charged.

You need to take out a contract with them as that is the only way possible to have a liber-t.

I still think that it is the best contract on the french autoroute as all other operators charge either monthly or annually to have one of their liber-t tags.

HTH

Steve

Forgot to mention that i use mine with motorbike, car and motorhome and have always been charged the correct tarif whichever vehicle i have been in/on.

• 2 weeks later...

I took the plunge and opted for the UK Sanef tag. Ordering on the Website was very easy, will see if it is delivered as promised tomorrow.

If anyone else is interested in getting one please pm me they have sent me a link to forward on to get 5 euros off for both of us.

Clive.

Archived