Shurflo Trailking 7 Replacement

mark hinde

My Trail King 7 has developed a small leak and it has always had a problem with air and spluttering etc. I intend to replace the whole unit and was wondering if there was an alternative that I could look at without too much alteration to the pipework. Ok, with no alteration to the pipework.

Any suggestions.

If you want no pipework alterations, the logical approach would be to replace like-with-like. A new SHURflo pump identical to your present one can be purchased on-line for about £50. For example

http://www.outdoorworld.co.uk/shurflo-trail-king-pump-7l-20-psi-12v

and you may be able to find one significantly cheaper in a local caravan accessory shop.

As you are aware there are alternative makes of pump, but you may well find that pipework modifications are required to install them. There are also SHURflo repair kits that might cure your pump's leaking and address the air/spluttering criticism. But, if your present pump is old, replacing it is probably the wisest course of action.

I needs saying that air/spluttering at water-outlets may not be the fault of the pump, but due to some other problem or inadequacy in the water system. So replacing your present pump with another (whatever its make) may not automatically cure the spluttering.

The Trailking is a pretty reliable pump and if you want to keep original plumbing then I too would swap like for like. An easy addition while you have a wet motorhome floor is an accumulator - these are designed to smooth out flow and minimise any spluttering. If you stay with Shurflo stuff it all just plumbs together with wing nut type fixings. Easy.

Archived