Searching for trim from 1994 Autotrail - Help ??

Laurie

Can anyone help please ? I posted this a few months ago and had two suggestions - Magnum mobiles and woolies. Neither of these has provided a solution. Npw read on !!................ This months marks the first anniversary (Thats a whole year folks) of my ordering some side trim for my 1994 Mercedes 208 Autotrail from my local dealers here in Leominster and, despite five or six reminder visits there has been no progress whatsoever. Can anyony tell me of a supplier who takes customer service a little more seriously ? I am happy to travel to collect. What I need is about ten feet of the trim that runs from front to back.It is aluminium (or alloy) about 2.5cm high and has a rubber insert. I have pictures I could sent to anyone who may be able to point me in the right direction but lack the tech experience to attach them to this note. Frankly something similar would be just great.

hi Laurie, I once had need of some aluminiun trim and was able to get it from a firm in Hull, I do not know if they are still in there but they were called J.E.Eltherington & Son Ltd, tel no 0482 20336, fax 0482 29956. They sent me a brochure of the aluminium sections they produce and I was lucky to find a perfect match, well worth a call. good luck. Chas

• 2 weeks later...
A quick update on this. I emailed Eltheringtons last weekend but no response. Can anyone help with an other potential supplier please ? I am getting very embarassed by the 10 feet of duct tape down the side of the van !

Hi Laurie, call me old fashioned If you like, but I dont think you can beat phoning and getting to speak to someone in the right section. Emails can get ignored or lost in a busy works, also some places loose interest knowing you only want 1 length of trim, be persistant, ask for a brochure and offer to collect if they have what you need. best of luck chas

You could try contacting Apollo Motorhomes (www.agm-apollo.co.uk) who build the types of vehicle likely to employ the sort of trim you seek. I would have thought that caravan/motorhome repairers might also be able to help with potential sources of supply. You might even be able to pick up something suitable from a caravan breaker. I agree with Chas's advice regarding e-mail enquiries. I get lots of unsolicited e-mail and I feel absolutely no compunction ignoring them if I so wish.

Archived