Shire Conversions

Paul M Who

Judge,

This is what I'm talking about with front dinettes.

Notice the lack of room between the rear seat and the table leg.

Slide the table forward on the wall runner and it hits the back of the driver's seat.

In that position the driver's seat can't be turned around.

Slide the table back so you can turn the seat around and there is no room to get your legs under the table. Driver can get their legs under the table then the table has to be pulled towards the driver so the other person has enough room to get their legs under the table.

You have to continually push and pull the table for both people to get access to the table.

I know, I spent 5 weeks doing it.

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/$(KGrHqZ,!p!FBd-97MQzBQ,3ozYiFw~~_19.JPG

Globestar Globescout dinette

Although I take your point Paul,to be honest most tables(freestanding or otherwise),in *rear lounge/bed layouts that we've come across,have required a degree of table shufflin' and "foot threading"... (lol)

(*Our previous van was a rear lounge/bed,no dinette CB).

But as you say, the additional belted seats would be of no real advantage to you anyway.. ;-)

Guest JudgeMental

Our Adria same front layout and I'm 17 stone and we manage, the Adria has a little more room (smaller shower room). Best thing to do is remove table altogether, or fit a half size one (have done that before) When touring we tend to push table back against back seat and use cab seats, or one stretches out on back seat and one across front seats....

Me and my beloved go to bed at various times and get up at different times also. She can sleep on and I can do my thing up front... we like watching different things also, while shes watching her favorite programs I lay on bed reading or playing on IPad etc....

There can be no waste of space in a PVC as there is not much to play with in the first place. I quite like the new Adria SPX as the extra length is used in the lounge area, works very well. would have bought it but it came out after I bought the Twin SP. Would prefer to carry our expensive e bikes on board, so Possl FR may be next, cant really justify the superb LS Avanti exclusive, but Possl very well built and great value compared to UK

Really need to do your homework and spend sometime in the vans (ignoring salesmen) sorting out what they are like to manage everyday tasks...only that way can you decide whats right for you. :-D

Not all panel vans have tight 'table' legs - this is a photo of ours and you can see that there's plenty of room - we don't have to move the table at all to swivel the driver's seat.

Forgot to say, this is a 'replacement' table which I put in, rather than the original, but is the same width. :-D

949555848_AutocruiseAccentTable.JPG.b1b0358d8f894db020c3bff1da9fb314.JPG

Paul M Who - 2012-10-03 1:44 PMJudge,

This is what I'm talking about with front dinettes.

Notice the lack of room between the rear seat and the table leg.

Slide the table forward on the wall runner and it hits the back of the driver's seat.

In that position the driver's seat can't be turned around.

Slide the table back so you can turn the seat around and there is no room to get your legs under the table. Driver can get their legs under the table then the table has to be pulled towards the driver so the other person has enough room to get their legs under the table.

You have to continually push and pull the table for both people to get access to the table.

I know, I spent 5 weeks doing it.

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/$(KGrHqZ,!p!FBd-97MQzBQ,3ozYiFw~~_19.JPG

Globestar Globescout dinette

I'm not posting to make you change your mind on layout, but just to point out, not all front dinettes are the same. That Globescout looks similier to my Campscout and we don't have to continualy slide table, BUT, not all Twin style layouts are the same, I've looked at god knows how many and some like our Campscout and the Twin work very well, others are not very good at all, a point in case is the Adria layout similier to ours, the dinette just doesn't work as there so little space.It's the same with any layout, a little tweak here and there can make a world of differance, you'll see this when you get to see a P3 compared to an Aztec, or you might not agree.

pepe63 - 2012-10-03 6:43 PM

Blimey Mel...You've bought a, brand new (?), van...and then made and fitted seat covers,fitted a myriad of different shelves, hooks etc...and now you say you swapped the table as well..?

Are you SURE you bought the right van..? (lol) (lol)

Keep up Pepe ... I said I'd done that ages ago! *-) I always remove the original table and replace it with my own so that the original doesn't get damaged as Romy the 'heffalump' likes to walk on it from time to time despite being told not to!!! :$

If I'm not mistaken that a bed in front of the door.

You can even strap yourself in for the night and pretend you are an astronaut.

Murvi should have called it the Enterprise

'Capt'n we have a problem'

"There's Klingons on the Thetford"

http://www.murvi.co.uk/tasks/render/file/index.cfm?fileID=7DBAA30B-BA7B-60D2-8BD2B0C8C64C15C4&ext=.jpg

Murvi bed made up.

Mel B - 2012-10-03 7:53 PM

Blimey Mel...You've bought a, brand new (?), van...and then made and fitted seat covers,fitted a myriad of different shelves, hooks etc...and now you say you swapped the table as well..?

Keep up Pepe ... I said I'd done that ages ago! *-) ...

Not in the post that I responded to you didn't... ;-)

Quote: "..this is a photo of ours and you can see that there's plenty of room - we don't have to move the table at all to swivel the driver's seat.

Forgot to say,this is a 'replacement' table which I put in, rather than the original but is the same width.." ;-)

...Or is that not a photo of your "new" van..... :-S

Paul M Who - 2012-10-03 9:58 PMIf I'm not mistaken that a bed in front of the door.

You can even strap yourself in for the night and pretend you are an astronaut.

Murvi should have called it the Enterprise

'Capt'n we have a problem'

"There's Klingons on the Thetford"

http://www.murvi.co.uk/tasks/render/file/index.cfm?fileID=7DBAA30B-BA7B-60D2-8BD2B0C8C64C15C4&ext=.jpg

Murvi bed made up.

It's not there all day Paul - --- or do you go out a lot during the night ?( Actually there is a gap of some 15 to18 inches or so between the bed and the door ). ;-)

pepe63 - 2012-10-04 9:19 AM

Mel B - 2012-10-03 7:53 PM

Keep up Pepe ... I said I'd done that ages ago! *-) ...

Not in the post that I responded to you didn't... ;-)

Quote: "..this is a photo of ours and you can see that there's plenty of room - we don't have to move the table at all to swivel the driver's seat.

Forgot to say,this is a 'replacement' table which I put in, rather than the original but is the same width.." ;-)

...Or is that not a photo of your "new" van..... :-S

You mean you haven't been reading my 'Accent' thread!!!!! 8-) Go and do so immediately!!!! (lol)

Archived