Towing

PBA

We have been towing a small car on a trailer and are now thinking of getting a A frame. Question is insurance of the car while being towed. The motor home insurance cover 3rd party anything towed but the car is not covered if we have an accident that is our fault. The car insurance does not cover the car while it is being towed. What cover do other motor home users have?

3rd party. But i'm not going to have a crash and destroy it, I hope. But if I do I'd be more worried about the amount of damage it would do to the rear of my van than a 4 grand car. You've more chance of damaging your car on a trailer in my view as it can jacknife more easilly and take out a few cars as well.

I was thinking about the same thing.

I'm looking at a Smart Roadster with an a-frame. Do you have to tell your insurance company that it is modified. I've done an experiment with on-line quotes and while there's no option for an a-frame modification, selecting 'other modification' more than doubles the quote.

Which insurance companies do Toad users suggest?

Hi i have towed for years on Aframe,currently 2011 clio,my insurance co. Lifesure group tel no 01480402470 insures my car fully comp whilst being towed.i have it in writing by email,confirmed each year on renewable ,no extra cost,also each yr i get 2 quotes and not much in it so i stick with them.i think they are pretty competitive, Dave

Archived