Avtec TV Stand

starvin marvin

Does anyone know where I can obtain a stand for our Avtec TV? Spent ages searching the 'net with no luck, loads of wall brackets but no stands.

Its currently fixed in the van via a "Vesa" bracket to the wall of the TV cupboard. I now want to use the TV indoors and need a stand as I don't want it fixed.

Many thanks

crinklystarfish - 2012-10-02 7:53 PM

Avtex. May help with searches?

Thanks for that, its much better with the correct spelling, although no sign of a stand on their web site. I'll give them a ring tomorrow although stockists John Lewis are probably the favourite, excellent customer service.

Once again many thanks

michele - 2012-10-02 9:00 PM

michele - 2012-10-02 6:52 PM

WE have a spare stand BUT I don't think you have the new model by the sounds of it ?.

Make sure you order glasses as well hahaha :D

What would I need opera glasses for? I think you must mean monocle, old fruit. Must go the gout is playing up.

Would you believe it? Rang Avtex this morning...asked spares dept if they stock a stand for W164DR, chap says..."should be one in the box" So I have a look and there it was....not impressive just a simple kick out stand. Spares chap says..."you're lucky most fitters putting these in m/h's throw the stands away".

Problem solved....meanwhile I'm off to Specsavers.

Guest JudgeMental

Is there something a bit cheaper then avetex thats nearly as good?

not a real budget job as screens usually not that good

JudgeMental - 2012-10-03 7:06 PM

There are.......but none will have as many features as Avtex. For one all Avtex sets are multi-standard so will receive foreign tv broadcasts, but the real plus which everyone goes for is the miniscule power consumption when on 12v.

My only gripe is the woefully inadequate volume. My set is just about audible on full volume. It is the 10" version but that should not mean I need to have the thing set at full blast just to barely hear it.

Guest JudgeMental
Bulletguy - 2012-10-03 10:27 PM

JudgeMental - 2012-10-03 7:06 PM

There are.......but none will have as many features as Avtex. For one all Avtex sets are multi-standard so will receive foreign tv broadcasts, but the real plus which everyone goes for is the miniscule power consumption when on 12v.

My only gripe is the woefully inadequate volume. My set is just about audible on full volume. It is the 10" version but that should not mean I need to have the thing set at full blast just to barely hear it.

I guess your right as do want analogue tuner for Spain to receive BBC on site I use. and USB to watch my movies/series etc....

sound is important but all these new slim style tvs whatever the size seem to suffer poor sound quality and need external speakers. does the avetex have a stereo out socket?

Guest JudgeMental
OK I need a new TV for the bedroom anyway so will go with the avetex. BUT! which one? there is a load of different sets...any recommendations and where best to buy one please....

JudgeMental - 2012-10-04 10:12 AM

I guess your right as do want analogue tuner for Spain to receive BBC on site I use. and USB to watch my movies/series etc....

sound is important but all these new slim style tvs whatever the size seem to suffer poor sound quality and need external speakers. does the avetex have a stereo out socket?

Mine does. This is it's spec;

http://www.avtex.co.uk/index.php/products/W103D

JudgeMental - 2012-10-04 2:27 PM

OK I need a new TV for the bedroom anyway so will go with the avetex. BUT! which one? there is a load of different sets...any recommendations and where best to buy one please....

If primarily for your MH i'd say the largest screen size you can fit in. It may be possible the larger sets have more acceptable audio level.

The only reason I went for the 10" is space is at a premium in a Duetto and a 16" simply would not fit in.

Archived