F&H Television Help

fairweather camper

Hi

We have a F&H 22" 12v telly, it has a USB port and I want to watch movies direct from a memory stick, unfortunately I can't, I am following all the directions in the Manual, but it is saying there is nothing on the Memory Stick (there defo is) what am i doing wrong, or more to the point not doing.

I asked this question on a problem site and they want £42 up front, which seems a lot to me, dont mind about a tenner but £42 is not on.

You Guys are so knowledgable thought you might be able to help.

Regards Val

Two things come to mind that might be causing your problem. Firstly how the USB stick is formatted. It's most likely that it should be formatted FAT32 I would guess and it would be worth checking that. Secondly. the filetype of the movie you have copied to the stick. You need to check from your documentation which filetypes your TV will support in conjunction with the USB stick. Again in my experience most TV's with a USB port will support .mpg files, some will work with a wider range including .wmv files. Have you got documentation with your TV? Another more spurious reason might be the size of the USB stick. Avtex TV's for example will only address a maximum of 32Gb via the USB port (FAT32 limitation). Are you using a USB stick larger than this?

Graham

Thanks for replying Graham, I have used 3 sticks 2 under 32gb and 1 at 32gb, not sure what the sticks are formatted in (my son did them for me) if I plugged them into my laptop, would it tell me?, as you have probably guessed im not very good with computers, my son does most things for me but he lives 100miles away, as for documentation I have printed a manual from the internet?

Yes you can check simply by placing the USB stick in a USB port on your laptop. Select 'Computer' from the 'Start' menu and right click on the appropriate device under the heading 'Devices with Removable Storage'. Select 'Properties' from the menu which will detail the file system in use on the USB stick.

A lot of TV's will only play movies that have been recorded via the TV. Different programs for recording use different Codexs when you get the problem on a PC you can just install the appropriate Codex but the TV has an embedded operating system so you are stuffed.

Guest JudgeMental

Hmmm...dont want to buy and avtex and not be able to watch anything via USB stick! its virtually all I watch! *-)

my new 64 Mb card is fat 32

Not a direct answer to the op question but one way round this (assuming the laptop will open the files on USB stck) is to play it on the laptop and connect TV via HDMI lead.

I am also assuming that a TV so new it has usb connection, it would also have HDMI

All you need to do is turn TV on select 'Source' or AV/PC maybe and it should work

Mike

JudgeMental - 2012-10-04 7:34 PM

Hmmm...dont want to buy and avtex and not be able to watch anything via USB stick! its virtually all I watch! *-)

My mrs is fat 56 but she won't work on the computer-or at all come to think of it!

(don't tell her I said that if you see us! :-S )

Mike B. - 2012-10-05 12:54 PM

My mrs is fat 56 but she won't work on the computer-or at all come to think of it!

(don't tell her I said that if you see us! :-S )

What's it worth to keep stum ...... >:-)

Eddie, you'll need 32mb cards as the 64mb is too bit for Avtex TVs.

One thing to mention is that when watching something on a USB if you stop it half way, say 30 mins in, then want to watch it another time, you have to fast forward to the 30mins point again which on a USB can take ages as I think the maximum multiplication is 3x!!! However, our Avtex has a built in DVD player too and that's a lot quicker when fast forwarding. Hubby burns lots of stuff onto DVDs and we take them as well as USB sticks.

Archived