Spain Campsites for Winter Sunshine

Tracker

We are considering a change of tack on holidays and instead of touring with one or two night stops maybe even doing the unthinkable - gasps of amazement - and staying on a site for a week or two or three or even four, possibly November / December or/and February (not too early) / March?

I know some amongst us already do this and I wonder if appropriate reasonably priced sites on or near the Med coast spring to mind please folks?

Is the ACSI book best for VFM or can you get as good a rate without it?

I do have to wonder about the logic of why the ACSI book starts on 1st January which is the middle of the low season and not on 1st September which is the start of it?? Is it 'cos they want you to buy two books - or pay more per night next year??

Many thanks.

You will have to stay 30 days to get a cheap rate, other wise use the ASCI card, There are some sites where you will get a good rate for a short stay but none that I have found on the coast in Spain. The further north or west you go from the costa's the cheaper it gets. We spent a couple of months on one site last year and it was not as bad as I expected a lot of like minded people. May see you over there.

Dave

Have found a number of sites will offer a discount for 2 weeks+ on the med-La Manga do in SW , and Playa Tropicana on Costa Azahar do as well.

I looked through the ASCI book and when I found sites that appealed I emailed them and asked for a discount for 2 weeks plus and a surprising number replied offering discounts better than advertised on their sites & better than ASCI price

I have booked La Manga as they said they get full in Jan/Feb but Tropicana just said turn up & we'll get you on!

If you are travelling BF via Portsmouth Bilbao, don't know why but price has increased by £90 since I booked last month!

Might see you there

Mike

We'll use the Calais crossing as it's easier with the dawg, but I am reluctant to book a site unseen by me for anything longer than 2 days in case we don't much care for any aspect of it.

So I guess ACSI book and suck it and see is maybe the best approach!

johnnerontheroad - 2012-10-05 8:52 PM

The prices go up as the ferry fills up and as it gets nearer to the sailing date just like the air lines.

Dave

I see all the kennels and dog frielndly cabins have sold out so if as you say the price goes up as it fills up, it is gonna look like Chipperfields have landed on January 9th at this rate!! :-D

Mike

We are just coming to the end of 3 weeks at the best campsite we have ever stayed on and only wish we could stay longer! The facilities have to be seen to be believed and we are right on the beach , also with great security. La Bella Vista at Manilva just south of Estepona. It has a website, and a motorhome has arrived here for 6 months and they have arranged an amazing deal before coming here. E.mail the owner and see what you can come up with. We have also found food shopping much cheaper here, shops nearby and cafes and restaurants within a 15 minute stroll. We love it and will be back ASAP!

Plenty of choice on the Med coast Rich, from little sites like Calpe Mar with around 85 pitches to EcoMarjal with over a thousand!!

Here are some we've tried, with tinterweb links:

www.vilanovapark.com

www.campingdidota.es

www.bonterrapark.com

www.campingcalpemar.com

www.camping marjal.com

OR

www.marjalcostablanca.com

You're slowly sinking South in the order the sites are listed. One or two are alternatives for similar areas.

We've usually moved on before the month's up, so ACSI has been useful, because, as has been said, if you rock up on site without booking discounts won't kick in until you've been there a month.

Go for it!

nona farm - 2012-10-06 8:06 AM

If you are staying just a few days it is 24 euros, but longer term it is much less!!! As a new campsite, it is up for negotiation. However it is lovely to feel pampered just for a few days! :-D

24 euros!!!Thats expensive. we don't like the all singing dancing sites, Why pay for something you are not going to use?Have you tried ACSI sites? Good value for money IMO

Tracker - we booked in at La Manga last year for three months (Dec - March) aas we did not know what to expect viz a viz availability. It was largely empty through December apart from the C&CC rally which took up the top part of the touring pitches but did fill up in January although there were always pitches. As we were staying so long we did get a very good rate (about 11 euros I think) but did have to pay in advance.

This year we are not booking anywhere but, like you, wish to travel round a bit and if we fall upon a good site we will stay for 30 days or so to get a good deal. We have also invested in the 'All the Aires - Spain (and France)' books from Vicarious Books which show many more aires than we were aware of last year so will be using some of these - particularly on the way down from Calais.

David

Just had an e mail back from Bella Vista confirming price of 24€ per night but advising a rate of 400€ per month plus metered electricity for a stay of 1 month, approx 15€ per night. We find a month in one place too long so wont be staying there this trip. We like the look of the location though so wonder what other sites are in the area.

Bob

Archived