Which one Adia Matrix Axess or Burstner Ixeo Time IT 585

postnote

It was interesting to read in last month’s issue of MMM that Adia are releasing the NEW Matrix Axess that looks virtually the same as the Burstner Ixeo Time IT 585. Both body shells look similar, as does the interior.

Both have optional extras that are similar and on top of this a similar price, Burstner being around 2,000GBP extra.

What will be interesting to see and hear about is the build quality between the two of them. The question, is the Burstner build quality and their badge worth that extra cost.

We wait to see.

Guest JudgeMental

Blimey.....who left you out of the cage. With a mug like that surely a lethal injection more appropriate.....

both good makes so its just down to personal preference I quess :-D

You just can't help yourself can you. I was just reading your comments to the post on a robbery in Spain and thought, this guy appears to understand the problem, then this. I asked a question which I hoped would get a constructive response, which it could still do.

But no you jumped in as usual and had to slag someone off. I think it just demonstrates how mentally immature you are for an old head!

Please take the time to read the thread and comment on that if you have the brain to do so. Come on, surprise me and many other readers.

cannot comment on Burstner,but,we bought a new Adria Coral 670SL,special edition,ie 3ltr/16inch wheels.took del.nov 2009 to date 19000mls,so far not a single problem that could be attached to Adria,build is suberb throughout,not even a cupboard catch loose yet. compared to our last brand new van built in Brittain which cost almost as much and constantly fell apart every time we went out right up untill we part exed it four years later,

the only good thing on that van was the Merc base vehicle,but having said our Fiat has also been a very good motor so far. i have just stopped to look in my diarys we have spent so far,415nights in this van

i feel both makes are very good,good luck in your choice.

Postnote

In this website's motorhome review section there are 5 articles on the Burstner Ixeo Time it 585 - so plenty of information to aid choice.

Although the Burstner brand still has (in my view) greater cachet than Adria, I doubt that, nowadays, Burstner's build quality is superior to Adria's.

As candc has highlighted, the Burstner and Adria models you mention have different Ducato chassis, with the former built on a long wheelbase (LWB) 3.80m 'camping-car' chassis and the latter on a short wheelbase (SWB) 3.00m standard chassis.

Although the Axess's SWB will result in a tighter turning-circle than the Ixeo's, it will inevitably move the vehicle's weight-distribution well rearwards. Expect poor front-wheel grip on other than dry surfaces, sensitivity to cross-winds and exciting handling when the Adria's long 'tail' tries to wag the rest of the motorhome.

"...a tendency towards oversteer..." is referred to in the MMM article, which probably means "...handles horribly..." - if ever there were a candidate for rear-axle air-assistance it's this Adria design.

I recall that you were planning to tow a heavy motorbike on a trailer. If that's still the case, I suggest you steer well clear of the Axess. (in fact, even if you wouldn't be towing anything, I suggest you still don't go for the Axess unless you've got a high fear threshold.)

WoW what a reaction postnote you certanley put the Judge in his place it surley hit a wrong not for you but was it not a bit over the top I would not like to get on the wrong side of you.

The Judge is the judge and I would not like him to change I have been the butt of his wit and humour but I did not slag him off like you what he says lifts the interest on this forum at times as it can get a bit boring talking about the same thing all the time.

Get a sense of humour! carry on Judge we need a laugh now and again.

Mike.

Guest JudgeMental
He is a cretin with obnoxious views and disgraces this forum....lasted about two days elsewhere before being banned. Answer to street children stealing, is to shoot them (another thread yesterday). thinks as long as he adds a smiley anything goes.......

Go for the Adria if build quality is your key criterion.

I've been inside this new Axcess vehicle at the Adria Club members AGM in July - looks great. Clever kitchen bathroom layout at the back of the moving bed lounge.

In addition, our Adria Matrix is 16 months old and no significant issues so far. We've now driven 15k miles in it over all sorts of terrain. However, met a Burstner owner in Italy who was on his way to the Burstner factory as part of his holiday to have the tech tower and several other issues resolved at the factory. This was his second van - he refused to accept the first (new) van and gave it back to the dealer as it had too many problems to accept. The second van was better but still needed the trip to the factory to resolve the defects. Surprised me and I doubt you would have such major problems with Adria.

Guest JudgeMental
I nearly bought an Adria hightop in 2007.., regretted not doing so to be honest. Have Adria panel van now and they are good, not the best, but good where it matters IMO

The Burstner Ixeo Time it 585 was discussed in this earlier forum thread:

http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=24575&posts=13

My view (then and now) is that, unless a transverse rear-kitchen is a ‘must have’, Autostar’s Auros 58LP is the best of the 5.99m-long, roof-bed, low-profile bunch. No good to me though as, even if Autostar were being marketed in the UK, my never-buy-an-Italian-vehicle philosophy would rule it out.

Archived