oyster sat dish

bazooka

Can anyone help me I have changed my trusty sorrento for a van with a large oyster sat dish on the roof,but the sceen shows no signal.there are two slots on the sky box on has a card in,I am not a sky customer and i only require the free channels.I am really pleased with the van (Dreamfinder Galaxy) but this problem has put a damper on it.Any advice would be appreciated. thanks in advance,

Baz

There are number of points here so

1) does the sat dish lock on when activated?

If so then signal is coming in-if not the problem is the dish

2)How is the Sky box connected to the TV?

If it is through the arial socket, it will probably need Analogue (ATV) to be selected on the TV

3) If it is your own TV you have just added into the Sky system you will need to tune the TV to find the signal and channel.

Suggest you try this:

Activate dish-wait until it 'locks on' to satellite

Turn Sky box on, allow to come to green then select TV Guide button

Tune TV -or set 'autotune' in operation

TV should scan ATV & DTV until it finds all/any signals

Scroll through the channels until you see the Sky List

When you see the Sky List on one channel (Usually 6), it should then be possible to change channels with Sky remote

You don't need a Sky card for BBC, ITV etc but you will need one if you want any of the Sky channels

Hope this works for you

Mike

THANKS mike,the dish just keeps going round. I tried it in a very clear area on the way back from ashbourne.The tv is conected to a sky box which is powered by a inverter.the previous owner had a recent update done.I have saved the information you gave me and will try it tomorrow.Many thanks

Baz

bazooka - 2012-10-06 9:05 PM

THANKS mike,the dish just keeps going round. I tried it in a very clear area on the way back from ashbourne.The tv is conected to a sky box which is powered by a inverter.the previous owner had a recent update done.I have saved the information you gave me and will try it tomorrow.Many thanks

Baz

Hi Baz

If the dish is going round and round then it's not finding the satelite. If it is an Oyster 2, pm me and I'll give you the instructions how to re set it. It's quite easy. If it's an old one, I don't know how to do it but am sure someone on here will know.

Thanks everyone for taking the time tohelp me,I've just sat in the van for 15minutes with no signal showing on the screen,the dish locked on then bingo songs of praise came on.My prays are answerd,I cant believe it!!!!!!!

Baz (lol)

Archived