Tom Tom 3 GPS Sat Nav

Guest Chris Norbury

Guest Chris Norbury
Has anyone used Tom Tom 3 in an Auto Sleeper Clubman - we are hoping to tour Europe in the Autumn and it would hopefully save on domestic bliss being disrupted!

Guest trigrem
I have used TomTom3 in an Autotrail Tracker which had a similar overhang with no problems. TomTom 3 is a big improvement on previous versions has it has the facility to set an itiniary so you can make it navigate the way you want to go with less difficulty, as against accepting the calculated point to point route. Athough we did have an emergency occasion where I just told it to take me back to Calais in a hurry from deep in the Dordogne and just followed the instructions. Great, no problems, my boss she who must be obeyed thinks its the best decision we made when we bought it 3 years ago, marriage bliss!if we take a wrong turning due to new road layouts or extra islands which were not there when the maps were produced "Gertie" sorts it out and the boss just enjoys the scenery.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Roy Flint
I use an Ipaq with Tomtom 3 in my clubman. I find it works better with an arial attached to the cf card and have fitted this above the trim in the front locker. The satalite signal passes through the fibre glass body without problems and using it with the arial gives a quicker resonse to a changing position.

Archived