Do you believe this is hardstanding.

Dr Dave

Had a weekend in Derbyshire and booked a C&CC CL site, the description was five hardstandings which if you look at the picture you will see what we were greeted with. Two were like this one was sort of o/k after i had humped bits of slab to form a base and two were just soil and this was £12 a night with hookup. Its money for old rope. Will we be back ?

1654025281_SAM_0537(Small).JPG.374c11932fa0909863a2b188ee19d344.JPG

we'renot in the C&CC, but if I arrived at Caravan Club Cl advertisihg hard standing, and this was what was on offer, I firstly wouldnt stay, and certainly would call into question the standards with the owner and ask the CC to inspect the site. I suggest it would also fail the advertising standards as it must class as mis-representation?

You'd need a 4x4 to get off of that 'hardstanding' if it rained . !

Crinkley, Did I spy your van last year on 'the road to nowhere' on NE Lewis ?? if not ,you have a twin.

wouldn't a body colour other than white, be a bit more 'discrete' ? nice one though. Ray

Guest 1footinthegrave
crinklystarfish - 2012-10-09 9:11 AM

Better than this on Mull, mind you it was free.

Really blends in with the background I must say, and I'd need "free" to compensate for the fuel costs :D :D

It does look odd, but it'll still look odd even after I've painted it. Would have been done by now but for the 'summer'. 

Not me Ray, but there are about 15 Leyland DAF based 'motorhomed' trucks that I know of, probably many more; some owners keep a low profile. One out in Africa at the moment, one heading south through the Andes. Mine's on the drive still unfinished.

The hard standing in the OP is a total farce. I'd be embarrassed to make the claim even in jest.

Guest pelmetman

It's the £12 a night that shocks me 8-).......................In France at our last site for the same money......well not the same....... less :D...............indoor outdoor swimming pools, bar, showers etc, laundry and free wifi B-).......

Which explains why we spent most of our camping this year abroad ;-).......

PS and resigned from the caravan corporation *-)

Guest 1footinthegrave

Probably explains why more and more are turning up on our local ( free ) car park to stay the night,

mind you the bloke with two loud barking dogs kept in a cage in the back of his van who went at it big time every time someone passed, and spreading out his chairs and table in the car park each day explains why yet another free car park is going pay and display route early next year with height barriers, after numerous complaints from locals to our community council about unthinking idiots like him and his missus over the last couple of years, with folk like this taking the proverbial.

He'll be in for a surprise when he comes again, well done mate is what I say, for spoiling it for others who were more discreet, and simply wanted an overnight stop, and did not cause an issue.

1footinthegrave - 2012-10-09 8:47 PM...unthinking idiots like him and his missus ...

I'm not sure they are so much unthinking as really thick, or just incomprehensibly self-absorbed. People like these will never, ever, understand that they are in any way acting irresponsibly.

Some sub-people that live just down the road from me are similar and clearly have no concept of the fact that their dogs rushing out of their garden and yapping round the ankles of anyone who has the audacity to walk on the public footpath past their property is in any way their responsiblity.

I've had it out with them, having had my ankles yapped around, and they genuinely, truly believe it is the fault of the people on the footpath. If no-one walked past, there would be no problem.

I look forward to the next generation of parasitic reproducers that they graciously allow the welfare state to fund.

Oh, they are motorhomers too, and have very probably spoiled a car park somewhere near you.

Archived