A top quality Bosch powered e bike for under £1100

Guest JudgeMental

Guest JudgeMental

Posted this over on pedelec forum, so it may be of interest to those looking for a quality ebike..

A hell of a bike for the money, superb Bosch centre drive system...pulls like a train. XT gearing, 28 inch wheels 21.5 kg for £1064 + postage. Normal retail over £2000

https://www.boc24.de/produkt/Herkelmann-E-Bike-E9-Herren____232001.html

223369415_boschbike.jpg.422f3a379ad0768294bef0afc41e5925.jpg

That's a ridiculous amount to pay for a bike. Thats over two grand for a pair and twice that at the full price. You could buy a scooter or mo'bike for that and you wouldn't be stung for expensive batteries in a couple of years. They're all probably made in china for peanuts, so someone is making a pile.

It never ceases to amaze me what people are prepared to pay for these electric bikes. I'd sooner use a normal bike or a mo'bike. But, each to their own.

JudgeMental - 2012-10-10 10:37 PM

Peter, you are obviously not a cyclist.......These are a real bargain!

peter - 2012-10-10 8:09 PM

But, each to their own.

... and turning into Tracker too as he's starting to 'write' like him now .... :D

Guest JudgeMental
Out of touch.....My local bike shop has wheels hanging on the wall costing £2500. What ever makes you think that good quality cycling cheap.

Whilst on the subject of good quality lightweight electric bikes. These maybe of interest to fitter people that do not want pedelec type E-bikes, but want electric assist when needed. Have a look at this range of good quality bikes with push button electric assist .They are light enough to ride like a normal bike ( no power on) then with electric assist when the going gets tough. To keep the weight down they have 6 Ah bottle type batteries. The total weight of the lightest road bike is 12.5 kg (28 lb). You could of course convert your own bike with a kit.

Brian B.

Cytronex.com

peter - 2012-10-11 9:35 PM

Stop mucking about and just get a good old motorbike and have some real fun. :D

Many of us would love a motorbike but for most sub 3500kg vans the weight limits are prohibitive unless you want to tow a trailer. If that was my only option I wouldn't bother or go for the alternative of towing a caravan. Trailers and motorhomes don't work for me.

Guest JudgeMental
Still find cycling far more enjoyable then driving, particularly in London where we live. plus it helps with fitness. the assistance good e bikes offer on hills makes all the difference. Flatten them hills and feel 20 years younger :-D

peter - 2012-10-12 3:31 PM

Maybe not, but you sound more like eighty. Electric bikes indeed. Just pedal the bloody thing.

Oh my, what ever electrical will he be talking about next, something that vibrates. Thinks the wrenched lounge lizard has to much time on his hands ;-)

Guest JudgeMental
peter - 2012-10-12 3:31 PM

Maybe not, but you sound more like eighty. Electric bikes indeed. Just pedal the bloody thing.

says you with your motorbike and towcar!:D

peter - 2012-10-10 8:09 PM

That's a ridiculous amount to pay for a bike. Thats over two grand for a pair and twice that at the full price. You could buy a scooter or mo'bike for that and you wouldn't be stung for expensive batteries in a couple of years. They're all probably made in china for peanuts, so someone is making a pile.

It never ceases to amaze me what people are prepared to pay for these electric bikes. I'd sooner use a normal bike or a mo'bike. But, each to their own.

Aha with electric bikes

No MOT's, No Insurance, No crash hats, no leathers to store, no maintenance, no noise, just the occasional whirr of a quiet motor. and a health(er) life style

Rgds

:D

We've both got bikes as well. The problem is, my wife is scared to ride hers as she fell into some nettles as a kid and never learnt to ride one. I've even put stabilisers on it. If she gets used to being on the back of a motorbike perhaps she will get her balance better. I hope so or we will both be going into a hedge at some speed. :D

peter - 2012-10-13 1:39 AM

We've both got bikes as well. The problem is, my wife is scared to ride hers as she fell into some nettles as a kid and never learnt to ride one. I've even put stabilisers on it. If she gets used to being on the back of a motorbike perhaps she will get her balance better. I hope so or we will both be going into a hedge at some speed. :D

Peter, find someone who has a motorbike and get them to take her out on it BEFORE you take the plunge and get a motorbike ... there's no guarantee that she'll be any happier on the back of it than on a bicycle ... I have ridden bicycles since I was a toddler, done bicycling efficiency courses whilst at school, and I've got a full motorbike licence (had it since I was 18) but I still do NOT like being a pillion passenger!!! 8-)

Have you thought about a tricycle for her? :-S

tonyishuk - 2012-10-12 7:15 PM

Aha with electric bikes

No MOT's, No Insurance, No crash hats, no leathers to store, no maintenance, no noise, just the occasional whirr of a quiet motor. and a health(er) life style

Rgds

:D

Just to correct this, with all bicycles you have to do maintenance and of course remember to charge up the batteries (no popping to a fuel station whilst your out when you get low on 'fuel'), so not quite as 'easy' as you imply ... :D

Mel B - 2012-10-13 6:58 PM

Just to correct this, .........and of course remember to charge up the batteries (no popping to a fuel station whilst your out when you get low on 'fuel'), so not quite as 'easy' as you imply ... :D

....well, not entirely correct. Whilst in Germany this year we came upon documented (leaflet from Tourist Information Offices) electric bike routes that had defined recharging points around the route - and these weren't long-distance tracks that you would expect to take a few days, simply days out. ;-)

Mel B - 2012-10-13 6:55 PM

peter - 2012-10-13 1:39 AM

Peter, find someone who has a motorbike and get them to take her out on it BEFORE you take the plunge and get a motorbike ... there's no guarantee that she'll be any happier on the back of it than on a bicycle ... I have ridden bicycles since I was a toddler, done bicycling efficiency courses whilst at school, and I've got a full motorbike licence (had it since I was 18) but I still do NOT like being a pillion passenger!!! 8-)

Have you thought about a tricycle for her? :-S

Too late Mel, already got the bike, a yamaha ybr 125 custom. She has been on the back of my previous honda 750 so should be o/k. I also don't like being on the pillion, as do a very many bike riders. It frightens the hell out of me, because you don't have any control over what the bike is doing, scarey.

Archived