Ebay scams

Davy

a few scams onEbay at the moment ifyou know anyone looking to buy warn them away, [url=http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/hymer-motorhome-660s_W0QQitemZ270005490406QQihZ017QQcategoryZ14256QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem]Hymer scam[/url] [url=http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/11m-Exclusive-luxury-motorhome-race-car-transporter_W0QQitemZ320004882345QQihZ011QQcategoryZ14256QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem]scam RV[/url] >:-(

Clive, I'm glad I don't let you loose with my dosh! :-D right simple reasons to watch out for both auctions are by people who have just joined ebay within 24 hrs both are based outside the UK &short auctions, one is pre-approved bidders only(classic ebay scam) no mention of shipping costs ect if you look at the Hymer why would someone in th states be selling it from the UK and it's got a Germany sticker on it showing it's been imported to the UK. I've seen loads of scams like this on Ebay my interest is in classic scooters lambretta/vespa we had a spate of these once rumbled the scammers have just moved on to the next thing they think they can get away with. what they will do is look on the net for genuine items for sale and cut and paste the pics/description over onto an ebay auction. this is why most people these days cover the number plates on ads ect to stop scammers/ringing ect you've seen this months article in MMM about stolen ringers ect time to wake up and treat some ads with caution as for the hymer I've asked for a contact no ect to arrange a viewing and at 10K DON'T YOU THINK IT'S A BIT CHEAP FOR WHAT IT IS? (?) the old addage if it's too good to be true then it probally is&a fool and their money are soon parted

Thanks Davy, Now we understand. I am not a regular on Ebay and would never go through Ebay for a purchase of this magnitude anyway. But now we all understand a little better. P.S. The editing of the number plates was very poorly done. C.

Archived