Caravan Guard

Mr. Grumpy

Mr. Grumpy - 2012-10-11 6:34 PM

I have been trying to contact Caravan Guard Insurance all afternoon. The 0800 number is constantly engaged and the web site inoperable to me. Does anyone know of any problems with this company?

Well, the Caravan website is working fine as far as I'm concerned. I also rang the phone number on the website (0800 14 88 418) and that also worked perfectly and (rather embarassingly) I was connected to a Caravan Guard operator almost immediately. She told me she was unaware of any problems with their website or phone line, so I suggest you have another go. If you still can't get at the website or contact CG by phone, I suggest the problem is at your end.

I contacted them on Tuesday Ok,but they could not tell me what my Renewal Premium would be which is due the first week in November,I was told they were waiting to hear if the Rates had been changed for November ? I thought that a bit strange and Not much help for me, so now looking elsewhere.

Hi Mr Grumpy

I'm sorry you have been having problems calling us and using our website.

Like Derek Uzzel has done we have checked our telephone number and website and we have been unable to recreate the error.

Can we call you? Perhaps you could PM us or email me at craig.thompson@caravanguard.co.uk with your telephone number.

Kind regards

Craig

Caravan Guard

Hi Corky

I'm really sorry about this.

We don't usually prepare renewals until 3 weeks before a renewal is due - that said, if customers call a little before this 3 week window we would usually be able to give an indication of renewal premium. And of course we can usually accommodate giving a renewal price early in situations such as when a motorhome owner is going to be away on holiday at the time when their renewal falls due.

We had been reviewing the rates and it had taken a little longer than we hoped but that process is now complete. If you'd like to call us again on 01422 396 777 we'd be more than happy to give you the price for your November renewal.

Kind regards

Craig

Caravan Guard

On a similar theme has anyone tried to to take the Caravan Club

on their " Guaranteed £25 cheaper than your renewal " promo ?

I`ve recently done the rounds for quotes and when i tackled them

about the offer on a like for like basis their quote was over £125

dearer.

I asked again about the " Guaranteed £25 offer " and they said

it didn`t apply to me even though i`d done a like for like quote.

I always though a " Guaranteed Offer " was guaranteed and not

sometimes it is and sometimes it isn`t.

Maybe it`s just me being picky and fussy ?

I`ll Google " Guaranteed " and see if they are wrong as well

because my dictionary has the wrong definition for it.

Regrads.

Graham.

Caravan Guard - 2012-10-12 10:21 AMHi CorkyI'm really sorry about this. We don't usually prepare renewals until 3 weeks before a renewal is due - that said, if customers call a little before this 3 week window we would usually be able to give an indication of renewal premium. And of course we can usually accommodate giving a renewal price early in situations such as when a motorhome owner is going to be away on holiday at the time when their renewal falls due.We had been reviewing the rates and it had taken a little longer than we hoped but that process is now complete. If you'd like to call us again on 01422 396 777 we'd be more than happy to give you the price for your November renewal.Kind regardsCraigCaravan Guard

Thank you ,  your staff did try to contact me yesterday, which I think is good service, unfortunatly when I contacted them today they could not beat a quote gained elsewhere, I have been with you quite a few years off and on and always had good service and quotes, so many Thank, but better quote from elsewhere this Time,

I too have have been looking round this week and like Graham found the CC's beat your existing by £25 absolute rubbish.

Their cheapest quote was £60+ and the dearest £266 dearer than my existing insurer without any breakdown cover which would probably be another £160-170 to add.

I had no problems with contacting Caravanguard either on line or phone this week - quite the opposite found contact was easy and they are on my now very short list - decision next week

we are with caravanguard always have been, good quotes, good cover, good service on phone cannot comment on claims thats when you find out how good an ins is. [not made a claim]

always had high quotes from saga [when you can get through on the phone] and caravan club.

another eye opener was AA insurance had travel ins with them great company to deal with on the phone but when it came to a claim earlier they refused to pay, appeals to ins direct, underwriter etc got nowhere a letter to the ins onbudsmen sorted it and they paid in full quickly before the onbudsmen service made enqs. now i see a good ins company that gives you peace of mind knowing they will pay out in a time of need not be obstructive but you do not know till its make a claim time.

I have been with Caravanguard for several years and although never having a claim have always found them to be efficient and good value.

Unfortunately this year instead of receiving my renewal premium I received a letter stating they could no longer insure me because my vehicle is parked on the road. I queried this and explained it was parked on a private road in front of my house in full view of my front window with the normal security measures,with no claims in the past 8 years.

The answer was sorry our underwriters will no longer take the risk.

They suggested could I park it elsewhere at a secure location and recommended registered sites.

The cost was about the same as a years insurance and not at all convenient to me.

So for all those not lucky enough to have the space on the drive or a large garage be prepared for the refusal letter.

I have now found another insurer who are happy to insure me.

Archived