Robbery Spain Nr Seville

Part Time

Currently in south west France. Van parked close to me was broken into whilst shopping in Carrefour near Dos Hermanos Seville last week. Entry forced via rear window and about £1000 worth of kit nicked plus damage. As this supermarket has height barriers they were parked towards deliveries entrance. If your in the area be vigilante as they say. I would add that I have used this supermarket myself and parked outside with no trouble but will exercise a bit extra caution in future. As other posters have said instances of break ins and other thefts are increasing across Europe so we all need to take that bit more care I guess.

With the huge unemployment problem in Spain and other Countries especially amongst the younger  people ,I am not surprised at the rise in robberies and theft, I am not suggesting that it is just youngsters doing the robberies I know it covers the spectrum of  people, so we all need to be more vigilant and take better precautions, England is not exempt either.

Part Time - 2012-10-13 6:44 PM

........ but will exercise a bit extra caution in future. As other posters have said instances of break ins and other thefts are increasing across Europe so we all need to take that bit more care I guess.

A necessary attitude wherever you are these days, Spain, France, Italy...UK etc :-(

Guest JudgeMental
its a no brainer.....one stays in van, one shops wherever you are. That's my excuse anyway for staying in van playing with sat nav or reading kindle ;-)

Just back from France Med coast.

I personally saw four vans broken into around Sete/Agde. One was next to me on Sete Aire. the German guy lost 700 Euros, cards, passports etc.

I heard of other break ins but I will only comment on those I witnessed.

Be careful, do not leave ANYTHING on the front seats, in one case the front door was opened without damage, so was the lock picked? Use a secondary door locking device.

If you have an alarm use it, it saved one couple from having anything stolen.

Lock anything of value in a safe, if you don't have one they cost about £40 and are fitted with a few bolts.

Fit window alarms, cheap and effective.

One front door lock was forced using some tool or another, the occupants heard nothing and told the dog, who barked, to be quiet. So listen to your dog, he knows best and hears much better than you.

I survived intact, it has made me even more careful than I already am.

I wish I wasn't allergic to doggie dander/hair I might have bought a Jack Russel and trained it to bite, (I know they they bite by nature so maybe no training needed).

H

The local Police refused to tell the German guy how many breakins they had had reported that week/month. Maybe a bit sensitive about the figures?

Guest JudgeMental

most of these toe rags could not care less about an alarm as they go through the van in minutes... :-S

window alarms a must, and cheap.....

My labrador has been trained to use only 'Proportionate' violence on anyone who breaks into our motorhome, any male is guranteed to leave 'minus testicles' (a delicacy for a hungry labrador).

She would probably make friends with a female burglar. Ray

don't know what she would 'make' of your 'playmates' Judge ??

Archived