Reasons to buy a motorhome?

Guest pelmetman

Because you get fed up being paid a 'pittance' of interest on your hard earned savings, and it's a way of making sure that YOU get the benefit of those savings, not the government, not the Local authority, Not the taxman (although vat will have to be paid on the purchase) in fact it's a 'Selfish' act....but at least it's honest , which is more than what the banks are. Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think. Ray

pelmetman - 2012-10-13 9:58 PM
colin - 2012-10-13 8:53 PMBecause you want one. ;-)
Reasons to change a motorhome? :D

Reasons to keep the one you have?

I would be too precious with a €60,000 van and would have far less fun, can you imagine brushing against a hedge in your new vehicle or, heaven forbid, not taking your shoes off before getting in B-)

Retread,

I thought that way before I sold my 23 year old Autosleeper, but the Autocruise I replaced it with took us to just as many 'out of the way' places,was just as much fun, and a lot easier to drive and more comfortable to 'Live in', I don't intend to 'molly-coddle' the new Autotrail either, as tracker says 'There are no pockets in a shroud'. Thanks to 'Quantative easing' saved cash is losing value just as fast as purchased items. (or nearly as fast). Just don't put yourself into debt, to purchase your 'dream'. Ray

Owning a motor home isn't a dream for me its a tool, the 19 years since Hymer produced mine have fortunately eroded the price to a stage where its actually gaining value year on year, something that will not happen with a new van, comfort, permanent bed, and exactly the same gas fittings as a 2012 model, decent insulation and a build standard that has stood the test of time its bullet proof!

Driving experience, OK a bit agricultural but my 95 horses only need to pull 3.1T

I have looked at new vans but when I compare mine to a 2013 version I am disappointed, the tree wood has been replaced by foil and somehow they've lost that brick "out house" feel I love :-)

Archived