Shhhhush! Global Temps plateau for past 16 years!

CliveH

UK Met Office quietly let data out with no fanfare!!

The Alarmist hype re catastrophic man made global warming seems to be unravelling somewhat.

Shame we are still going to be paying for this inappropriate alarmism via increased energy bills

It is from the Daily Wail - but that said - it is still an interesting article.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2217286/Global-warming-stopped-16-years-ago-reveals-Met-Office-report-quietly-released--chart-prove-it.html#ixzz29E78OR9H

Worth a read.

Tracker - 2012-10-14 10:21 AM

Anyone taking bets on when we will return to the oncoming mini ice age theory of the 70's?

................ first we must await the publication of a chart which ' proves ' the complete opposite of the chart in the Daily Mail.

;-)

Oh there is plenty of "those" charts about Malc.

Only trouble is they are all based upon computer models that predict us all going to a global warming hell in a handcart.

The interesting thing about the Met Office data quietly released with no fanfare is that this chart is based upon the actual data collected thus far.

Mother Nature does not seem to run on the same assumptions the computer modellers use to scare the willies out of gullible politicians such that those modellers can get more and more grant money.

CliveH - 2012-10-14 10:56 AM

Mother Nature does not seem to run on the same assumptions the computer modellers use to scare the willies out of gullible politicians such that those modellers can get more and more grant money.

Vested interests are what all this is really about and how multinational companies can make megabucks selling inadequate generation and pollution technology - like wind and solar power, catalytic converters and dpfs - on the back of scaremongering.

Much of the evidence that I have seen suggests that business is better at spin than proper scientists who are only interested in proper unbiased factual science - if there are any left of 'em with any influence?

As far as I know catalytic converters and dpf's are more to do with air quality than global warming. As they don't significantly reduce the amount of co2 which alledgedly contibutes to global warming, but they do reduce incompletely burned hydrocarbons which affect air quality.

I did refer to pollution in the case of the cat and dpf being misguided solutions brought in to also reduce some of the exhaust emissions that allegedly cause climate change and the point is that in isolation both of these devices actually increase the amount of fuel used and it is only all the other technological advances engineered to overcome the inherent problems of both that actually reduce fuel consumption. Less fuel burnt = less pollution - simples!

Anything that makes a vehicle use more of a diminishing resource has to be misguided - but don't let that stop anyone from making a fortune on the back of it.

I wonder where engine technology would have taken us without political dictates being foisted on the engineers and paid for by who else - why the customer of course.

Quite possibly less complicated, less expensive engines, just as clean but as, if not, more efficient might well have been the result.

And then of course we have the energy and materials consumed in making very expensive cats and dpfs and the production and transportation pollution output, plus the extra burden of the customer having to pay when they go wrong - and go wrong they most certainly do.

It is the politicians who have chosen to link engine pollution to climate change so a discussion of one can quite reasonably include the other.

My Father in Law was in the Motor trade and often said that Ford was working on a "lean burn" engine that was very clean and incredibly efficient in that it wasted very little of the fuel.

They used advanced (for the time) materials as well as water injection (Hydrogen and Oxygen helping the burn efficiency) when the engine got up to temp.

But the whole thing was scrapped after the politicians decided that expensive and inefficient catalytic converters had to be fitted to all cars regardless.

A classic example of stupidity.

So again - i agree with what you say Tracker.

And again - here we have had the Politicians in the past being stupid and taking as gospel alarmist hype from those who have a vested interest.

If what i read is true, tho' - it could be that current politicians have woken up to the fact that many of us are more than just grumbling into our beer - we are actually saying enough is enough. The debacle of Global Warming being used to provide for our tax £'s to be paid to companies to produce monstrosities that kill birds and only work when the wind blows and require gas fired power stations running on idle for when the wind dies or blows too hard is about as acceptable to most as a further tax payer funded bail out of the Banking system.

Do I think that line is being drawn in the sand?

Not sure to early to say.

Do i want it drawn?

You bet! :-S

Sorry to go on but this is a soap box issue for me - not sure why - But I would say the waste of public funds always gets me going - always has.

anyway - this comment in a blog with the Met Office made me laugh:-

" So, should we all conclude that temperatures are relatively normal, or temporarily normal, or abnormally normal, or apparently normal on a continuing but wholly unpredictable basis? Or are there other possibilities?"

(lol) (lol) (lol)

Just loved that!

And another one!

According to reports a Minister, when told that the 'renewable energy facility' he was inspecting was limited by the Second Law of Thermodynamics, suggested that an Act of Parliament could be introduced into The House to :-

"Remedy the situation"

Sadly - very much believable

(lol) (lol) (lol)

Archived