NEC Parking Charge

catinou

It will be interesting to see what charges are made at the NEC Motorhome show this year - although the advertising says parking included in your ticket, is that really the case?

We have just visited the Grand Design Show at the NEC and there are notices everywhere stating that " £10 parking charges for vehicles at ALL shows! Disabled parking, although fairly near the entrance, was also charged at the same rate. We will avoid this venue in future as £10 parking for the 4 hours we were there was an unwelcome surprise after driving over 2 hours to attend the show. :-(

Jenny,

I am sure that parking next week for the MH show will be free as the adverts have said all along and as it has been for the last few years.

As far as I know, Organisers of shows have an option to charge a lower admission price and then exorbitant charges for parking OR a higher admission price and free parking. Luckily the MH show is in the latter category.

Keith.

It has always been the case as far as I'm aware that for some shows there is free parking and for others you have to pay. I'm pretty sure that we've been when there have been 2 different shows on, one charging and one not, and had to prove which one we were going to - fortunately we had pre-bought tickets which sufficed.

Mel B - 2012-10-14 9:46 PM

It has always been the case as far as I'm aware that for some shows there is free parking and for others you have to pay. I'm pretty sure that we've been when there have been 2 different shows on, one charging and one not, and had to prove which one we were going to - fortunately we had pre-bought tickets which sufficed.

I agree with Mel B, that was the case the last time we went to the NEC.

The wife`s " Crazy about Dolls Houses " and we went to the " Dolls House Fair ", there was also

3 or 4 other exhibitions at the same time but not all included parking.

At the exit the vehicle in front had to pay, we saw them paying the guy in the gatehouse.

We had to show the tickets on the way out because they said " Parking Included " or something

similar, then the guy lifted the barrier and away we went.

Regards.

Graham.

Archived