NEC campsites

dawki

There is motorhome parking but only for the day-not overnight. If you want to stay overnight, the CC have set up a temporary site in one of the car parks at a cost of..........................wait for it..........................

£30 per night!!!!!

Can you believe it??

Mike

dawki - 2012-10-14 6:33 PM

Hi all

I was looking to go to Motorhome show at the end of next week and maybe making a weekend of it in the van.

does anybody now of a site pref. south or west of the NEC where I could cycle or public transport into the show

Not sure about easy access by cycle but the CC CLub site at Chapel Lane is where we always stay, and its an easy drive to the NEC with free parking - if required- free transport from the Parking area to the show entrance.

Alternativeley there are buses from outside the site (not very frequently though!), or else a 10/15 mins walk further along the road (regular sevices) into Birmingham City Centre, where you can catch a train into NEC/Birmingham International Airport Station.

There is an 'onsite' campsite run I think by CC, but from disussions with various people who have seen or used it, we have avoided it on the

grounds of expense and facilities....

When we go to the NEC we use a CL a few miles east from the NEC at Meriden, just the basics but nice and quiet and easy to get to as it's just along the A45. can't remember the name of it, but as far as I recall there's only the one - although it doesn't officially have hard standings, if the weather is inclement there is a large drive area (away from the road) which you can use.

Mike B. - 2012-10-14 8:06 PMThere is motorhome parking but only for the day-not overnight. If you want to stay overnight, the CC have set up a temporary site in one of the car parks at a cost of..........................wait for it..........................£30 per night!!!!!Can you believe it??Mike

They have to fund the glossy magazine to tell everyone how fantastic they are somehow.

I thought that purporting to provide a bona fide service to older people and then grossly overcharging them was tantamount to theft. Do they drive people to the nearest cash point too by any chance? Maybe someone should ring these guys:

We have stayed at the CL at Knowle, it is alongside some fishing lakes. The only downside is that there are some entrance gates to get in. Not a problem in daylight but you need a torch at night.

There is also the Red Lion pub (I think it's called) down the road in Knowle.

There are toilets and showers at the site as far as I remember. :-D

Here are a few to try, some maybe CC members only.

Somers Wood Caravan Park. B4102 Meriden tel. 01676 522978.

Truckstop. Lincoln Farm Cafe. A452 tel.01675 442301

Wheeley Moor Farm. A446 Coleshill. tel. 01675 463224.

Kingsbury Water Park. Bodymoor Heath. tel. 01827 874191.

Marston Caravan & Camping Park. A4097 tel 01675 470902.

Croxall Farm. Nether Whitacre nr Coleshill. tel. 01675 481364.

Hoar Park Farm. B4114. tel. 02476 394433

Brian B.

Archived