Pub and Club Campsites.

Wooie

Does anyone else use Pub and or Club Campsites / Stopovers ?

We`ve recently had a couple of nights on a Cricket Club Campsite.

Hardstanding, EHU, Toilet and Showers and £12 per night.

Seemed like a good idea at the time, close enough to the area we wanted to visit

with a Bus Stop right outside the entrance.

We arrived just after lunch and was met by the Handyman doing a bit of

painting around the Clubhouse.

He told us to take our pick of pitches and he would turn on the electric

and told me to " Nip Into The Bar " after 7PM and settle up with the stewardess.

He said we would be the only ones there and to have a look round if we wanted.

All that was missing was the thud of leather on willow and some tea and cakes

being passed round, peaceful, quiet, perfect.

7PM i nipped into the club and paid the stewardess who confirmed we would be

on our own, peaceful, quiet and still perfect.

The first night was really good, just a handful of customers who only stayed for an

hour or so and the club shut up shop at 10PM.

The second night was slightly different, a few customers started arriving at 9PM or

so, then a few more, then a few more.

At 1AM the buggers were still at it !!!!!!!!!

We was pitched a good 60 or 70 yards from the clubhouse and we could still hear

the " thump thump thump bang bang bang " of the music and the " laughing

cheering and screams " coming from the " Smoking Shelter " at the side of the club.

Then came all the car engines and the pipping of horns as everyone started to leave.

NEVER NEVER NEVER again will we stay on a Pub or Club site !

Regards

Graham.

How unreasonable of the regular users of the cricket club facilities to disregard your desire for a quiet and cheap night or two out in your motorhome. If I were you I'd write a very strongly worded letter to the cricket club explaining why you will never, EVER use their site and facilities again! You'd think they'd be satisfied with your £12 for the night instead making several hundred pounds by selling intoxicating drink to people who just want to enjoy themselves and disregard the feelings of people like your good self who has paid good, hard earned money to use the facilities they provide. Totally unrelisitic considering the number o motorhomes on our roads these days.

D.

Dave Newell - 2012-10-16 8:01 PMHow unreasonable of the regular users of the cricket club facilities to disregard your desire for a quiet and cheap night or two out in your motorhome. If I were you I'd write a very strongly worded letter to the cricket club explaining why you will never, EVER use their site and facilities again! You'd think they'd be satisfied with your £12 for the night instead making several hundred pounds by selling intoxicating drink to people who just want to enjoy themselves and disregard the feelings of people like your good self who has paid good, hard earned money to use the facilities they provide. Totally unrelisitic considering the number o motorhomes on our roads these days.D.
  HERE HERE .

Quite agree Dave. I'd have been in the clubhouse with them having a good time. Where is this site I'll have to go there. Not enough people enjoying themselves these days.

Wooie - 2012-10-17 7:09 AM

WELL, THAT TOLD ME THEN.

So much so for sharing my experience.

Hi Wooie,

Do you remember Statler and Waldorf from the Muppet Show?

My mental picture of some members on here is remarkably like those 2 Muppets. :D

It's a good job you did not talk about wildcamping as your replies would have come from a different group of Muppet characters and the vitriol would have been far, far worse.

BTW, I had many a late night drinking session when I played Cricket but you were probably still in short trousers at the time. ;-)

Dave Newell - 2012-10-16 8:01 PM

How unreasonable of the regular users of the cricket club facilities to disregard your desire for a quiet and cheap night or two out in your motorhome. If I were you I'd write a very strongly worded letter to the cricket club explaining why you will never, EVER use their site and facilities again! You'd think they'd be satisfied with your £12 for the night instead making several hundred pounds by selling intoxicating drink to people who just want to enjoy themselves and disregard the feelings of people like your good self who has paid good, hard earned money to use the facilities they provide. Totally unrelisitic considering the number o motorhomes on our roads these days.

D.

This type of posting serves no purpose whatsoever, it just deters others from sharing their experiences, and silly me, I thought that was the whole idea of a forum, just because your expectations of a campsite/stopover differ from someone elses, sarcasam is not the answer

Overnighted at a few pubs over the last couple of years and never had a problem.  Simply call before you go (courtesy call) and ask if there's a 'function/theme/quiz' night etc planned and if there is then either go and join in or go elsewhere....simples.  :-)

Guest JudgeMental

You really must learn that in a Democracy if you cant beat them you have to join them.....don be scared you might even enjoy yourself! :-D

we use an Aire in Belgium attached to a boating club...they have some great nights, mind you dont like the smoking!

bertieburstner - 2012-10-17 9:25 AM

Hi Wooie

perhaps you should actually name the site so people can either stay there or avoid it :-D

.........it didn't begin with Tod............... by any chance? ;-)

........... and end with .....morden Cricket Club.

747 - 2012-10-17 10:06 AM
Wooie - 2012-10-17 7:09 AMWELL, THAT TOLD ME THEN.So much so for sharing my experience.
Hi Wooie,Do you remember Statler and Waldorf from the Muppet Show?My mental picture of some members on here is remarkably like those 2 Muppets. :D It's a good job you did not talk about wildcamping as your replies would have come from a different group of Muppet characters and the vitriol would have been far, far worse.BTW, I had many a late night drinking session when I played Cricket but you were probably still in short trousers at the time. ;-)
 Well as I appear to be one of your Muppets I have to tell you that I am also an avid Wild Camper too.does that give me more Muppet Cred ?

In the days when I was tent camping I stopped at a pub Hideaway site near Matlock. After a fun-filled Saturday night involving much imbibing of the local brewers art,we were awoken by the sound of people erecting tents. I poked my sleepy head out of the tent to see the 'tents' were stalls being assembled for a car boot sale. We quickly dressed and as we were packing the car someone asked if I was selling the tent!

We went to the pub,not to complain,but to pay our camp fees. The publican was most apologetic as he forgot to tell us about this when we booked. In recompense he didn't charge us for the weekend and gave us breakfast on the house-every cloud has a silver lining!

I would be the last to complain about any noise from people enjoying themselves-unless of course it is Country and Western music played loud.

Life's too short lighten up!

vindiboy - 2012-10-17 6:22 PM

747 - 2012-10-17 10:06 AM
Wooie - 2012-10-17 7:09 AMWELL, THAT TOLD ME THEN.So much so for sharing my experience.
Hi Wooie,Do you remember Statler and Waldorf from the Muppet Show?My mental picture of some members on here is remarkably like those 2 Muppets. :D It's a good job you did not talk about wildcamping as your replies would have come from a different group of Muppet characters and the vitriol would have been far, far worse.BTW, I had many a late night drinking session when I played Cricket but you were probably still in short trousers at the time. ;-)
 Well as I appear to be one of your Muppets I have to tell you that I am also an avid Wild Camper too.does that give me more Muppet Cred ?

Its not me you need to worry about on here. Your public admission will have caused many a G & T to be spilled by apoplectic OAL stalwarts. As for street cred, I DO read your posts on WC4MH under my other nom de plume, that should be enough for you. :D

BTW, are you the one that looks like 'Animal'? :-D

Archived