Fiat Garage required Fareham area

Caroline

Does it have to be a Fiat deaer? as they jack up thier prices just to use the name Fiat; I Have been using commercial and truck garages Try a search on Yell http://www.yell.com/ucs/UcsSearchAction.do?keywords=commercial+dealers&location=fareham&scrambleSeed=21170548&searchType=&M=&bandedclarifyResults=&ssm=1 For my last service I Used the BT fleet garages best price I have ever been charged http://www.btfleet.com/Home.aspx Just enter your post code in the search box and it will tell you if there are any of BT Depots near bye.

Caroline - 2012-10-17 1:11 PM

Can you recommend a garage that could if required fix our motorhome (mechanical). The one we use is ok for basic stuff (MOT), but we are not sure on anything else.

Hi Caroline

We use Adams Morley .Portsmouth. Burfields Road PO3 5NN Tel 02392 691122 Not far from Ocean Park Shopping

They do all our work and we are very happy with them We leave van there and pick up when ready

MOT, Body work and service.

Pauline

PS they are Fiat Comercials

ham - 2012-10-17 2:21 PM

Does it have to be a Fiat deaer? as they jack up thier prices just to use the name Fiat; I Have been using commercial and truck garages Try a search on Yell http://www.yell.com/ucs/UcsSearchAction.do?keywords=commercial+dealers&location=fareham&scrambleSeed=21170548&searchType=&M=&bandedclarifyResults=&ssm=1 For my last service I Used the BT fleet garages best price I have ever been charged http://www.btfleet.com/Home.aspx Just enter your post code in the search box and it will tell you if there are any of BT Depots near bye.

In the name of fairness I wanted to add that while I too am shocked at franchised dealer labour rates; you have to understand that the manufacturers make them pay a huge amount of money for the privilege of being a dealer. The up front costs of tools, livery and training are supplemented by stock that they are forced to keep, and even their on line parts and warranty systems are connected through internet services that cannot be bought elsewhere; just a monthly (massive) subscription charge from the manufacturer. Even the hotels that their people stay in when on training courses are booked and charged by the manufacturer. They (the dealer) get ripped off beyond belief. Fiat dealers in particular cannot claim any money back from Fiat if a part that they buy and sell is faulty and it has a value of less than £100! The same goes for any part that is supplied incorrectly by Fiat. The dealer is stuck with it.

Other manufacturers have more glamorous premises, probably because they get a better deal from the makers and can make more profit. The Fiat deal is one of the worst in the industry for the dealer and it is reflected in many ways by the somewhat patchy service that you often get.

I am not saying that their rates are fair; but I am keen to impress upon folk that theirs is not a happy or cheap lot and that their rates are understandable if not quite justified. The likes of BT and other non franchised workshops (like our own) have significantly lower overheads and that is why we offer lower labour rates. At the end of the day you should ask yourself if the workshop has much specific experience with your kind of vehicle; and who they will be tapping up for advice or information when they can't figure something out? That will be the main agents; so we should all support them from time to time or they won't be there when you need them.

Nick

I wouldn't rush to a Fiat Dealer garage.

My van is 4 years old and will need a cambelt change in the next 12 months. I thought that my safest bet would be to use my local Fiat dealer. When I rang them they said they could do the job. I asked what guarantee was offered on the work done, the answer was 'none'.

Oh, the cost for service plus cambelt change... £720!!

Archived