Parts

Gareth

Hi, well I have bought my very first motorhome, a Hymer S660. It is 12 years old an no spring chicken and I need to give it some TLC to bring it up to scratch. It is going into Mercedes on Tuesday to fix what I hope as some shot engine mounts, as the thing knocks horribly during a cold start. Fingers crossed on that one. I have worked out how to turn the fridge on with the gas, but cant get the elcetrical input switches to light, wish I had an englis manual, so to my questions: 1) Where do I get an english manual for a 1994 Hymer s660? 2) I need to replace the carpets, is there anywhere I can just order some exct replacements, without having to bother buying some rubber backed carpets and cutting them out to the right shape and stitching the edges? 3) I would dearly love to replace the upolstery throughout, so is there somewhere likewise I can have the majority replaced? I would also have to pay to have the cab chairs re-done, know anyone who could do that? 4) Wish me luck, I think it is going to be expensive to fix her up the way I like. Thanks, Gareth

Well, I took some time to trawl though the email and found the following: 1) Sent email direct to Hymer 2) Looks like you just bought good quality carpet, cut to size and returned the pices for edge bounding 3) Upholstery, A1 Upholstery 01977 607976 or Regal Furnishings 01977 607976 I was wondering as I live in Portsmouth if there is a local furnishing company as I would prefer to not travel too far. I would also need the cab seats re-covered. Thanks, Gareth

Based on their advertisement, The Caravan Seat Cover Centre at Bristol (www.cbscc.co.uk) should be able to meet all your re-upholstery requirements. If Bristol is too far, TEK Seating at Tunbridge Wells (www.tekseating.co.uk) is one of the major upholsterers of cab seats for UK motorhome converters. I'm not sure if they still take on work for private individuals but it might be worth you contacting them in any case as they may be able to point you towards a company near Portsmouth.

Archived