Campsite Scarabeo in Sicily-Jan-Mar

snowie

Hi all;

has anyone stayed at Campsite Scarabeo in Sicily?

Thinking about it as alternative to Portugal.

I've seen it mentioned on other forums, and not seen any Brits' comments, nearly all German and Dutch. It's a long way, so that's to be expected.

The campsite is located in Punta arm, a small seaside resort town and halfway between the archaeological sites of Kamarina Caucana and 4 km from the town of Santa Croce Camerina (Ragusa).

cheers

alan b

Guest JudgeMental

meet an English couple at ferry port last May and they stay on Sicily every winter..I think they had even better weather then us in Spain! as they were heavily tanned..... It is a long way but best to get ferry from Genoa I think

So your back from Croatia Snowie..how did it go?

JudgeMental - 2012-10-21 1:21 PM

meet an English couple at ferry port last May and they stay on Sicily every winter..I think they had even better weather then us in Spain! as they were heavily tanned..... It is a long way but best to get ferry from Genoa I think

So your back from Croatia Snowie..how did it go?

Hi Judge; we had a terrific time, 3 weeks and a bit in Croatia, temperature upto 24deg I think, blue skies, nice people, want to do some more islands and Venice to Ancona maybe as a trip.

We found young people in particular very bright and positive, new country new opportunities, good luck to them.

We came back through Germany, A8 I think, was horrendous and likely to be bad until 2014-5!

No sooner back than start planning next trip!

cheers

alan b

Guest JudgeMental
My daughter talking to friends of ours who live on Lake Garda yesterday and it was sunny and 27 deg....They where boating on lake and looking forward to dinner in Salo in evening.....Me? It has rained for 3 days constantly, and last time I got out on my bike was Thursday. Without holidays to look forward to I think I could well pull the plug :D

I'm not a fan of winter, and I particularly dislike dark nights. I don't think it's S.A.D, or vitamin-D deficiency, necessarily, but I really look forward to spring, and the sun on my back.

A cheap flight to somewhere where it's spring appeals at the moment!

alan b

Archived