DFDS Ferry discount code

Mel B

At the NEC they were giving out a discount code to get cheap crossings so if anyone is wanting to book their crossings I doubt if you'll get them cheaper.

Code: ENEC

Apparently you can also use if to make more than one booking so no restriction there. :-D

Mel

We were at the NEC on Friday and advised to use this link

www.dfdsseaways.co.uk/nec

Just made two bookings for next year at ridiculously low prices. Prefer Eurotunnel but at over £100 saving per crossing (even taking into account the Tesco vouchers) and the ability to make changes before June next year at no additional charge we couldn't resist.

Noticed many of the Dover-Calais crossings for the summer were already fully booked. Plenty of Dover-Dunkerque still available.

Chris

I tried to get a discount off them at the show as the prices were really good. Unfortunately they would only do the special offers if you booked a Return Journey-same applied with the CC. I discussed this with the DFDS lady on the stand and she advised me to hold fire until after November 1st as they could then offer single journey (ie return) special prices

Mike

Mike B. - 2012-10-21 7:35 PM

I tried to get a discount off them at the show as the prices were really good. Unfortunately they would only do the special offers if you booked a Return Journey-same applied with the CC. I discussed this with the DFDS lady on the stand and she advised me to hold fire until after November 1st as they could then offer single journey (ie return) special prices

Mike

Quick - get online at the link I gave above.

You can select your destination (Calais or Dunkerque) AND either one way return.

I booked one way to Calais for June (plan to return by Eurotunnel) and a return for September.

I think the offer is available until midnight.

Try this link - still active.

http://www.dfdsseaways.co.uk/ferry-routes/ferry-to-france/Pages/nec.aspx

Yes this code works well. Have booked 5 return crossings for next year on approx dates, as can amend before end June at no charge if need to. Costs per return crossing from £48 (June, Sept, Dec) through £58 April to £68 August. Can not see getting much cheaper than this! But hurry offer closes midnight tonight, Sunday.

Interesting......

I booked with DFDS this year with sailing times at peak hours and got a return fare for just £68.

I've just put the exact same dates and months in again, first without the code which gave me £98........then with the code.

Yes you guessed it......£68! LOL

In other words they hike the prices up, then give out a code to give everyone a "special reduction"!! It's the old Supermarket trick.

Thought I would look at the return crossing from Calais for just after Easter as out in January booked and paid for with P&O (have concessions with them). Unfortunately DFDS want £24 for m/home and me and £30 for the dog whereas P&O split the charge into 2x£15, so this route works out dearer for me! Thanks for the tip though - have passed it on to family.

With a LOT of 'jiggery pokery' you can get that £68 fare down to £48. By the time i'm planning another excursion the fares will have dropped. I've usually found you can get just as good a deal close to when you want to go.

Also the fare amendments are a bit of a joke. I amended mine half way through my trip at no cost yet a couple I met who had amended theirs to the same sailing as mine got charged a fee, despite the fare being the same!

ChrisB - 2012-10-21 8:56 PM

Mike B. - 2012-10-21 7:35 PM

Mike

Quick - get online at the link I gave above.

You can select your destination (Calais or Dunkerque) AND either one way return.

I booked one way to Calais for June (plan to return by Eurotunnel) and a return for September.

I think the offer is available until midnight.

Try this link - still active.

http://www.dfdsseaways.co.uk/ferry-routes/ferry-to-france/Pages/nec.aspx

Chris-thank you for the info

Just got £29 for van & bike trailer for March 2013 Calais to Dover 1 way

Amazing when the DFDS lady told me I had to book a return!

Made up now

Mike

Just out of interest I went on the site and it appears to be still active.

At least went as far as the booking and payment pages without actually handing over money.

So you may not have "missed the boat" yet ....

Archived