STEP HELP

aikidoamigo

Hi Ya

I have just taken on a 2008 Carthago and I have a problem with the electric step...

Sometimes it comes down and keeps making the noises even when it is completely down... until I press the button once again...

Other times it doesn't come down (it just makes all the right noises)

If down... quite often it wont go up, just makes the noises and doesn't move so I have to push it closed and it doesn't then fit snuggly to the van albeit it does seem very secure.

Any ideas from anyone?

I am told that if I take a look underneath I can mess around and get it working again, trouble is I have no idea what I should be looking for or doing!

Any tips gratefully received.

Thanks in advance *-)

Hi Aikidoamigo,

We arein the process of getting our step fixed professionally by supplying dealer as it started acting up whilst in Germany, solved the problem by buying a crate of beer,the crate is more solid than the step ever was. The bonus w as that I have never had such fun solving a problem ha

cheers

derek

Hi Paul & welcome to the forum.

Not sure of the layout of your Cathargo, but often the step gets lots of road dirt & tries to grid up the grit, so a good jet of water may remove some of the muck.

If the motor is working but not moving the step, I suspect that is your problem.

If you need to check further this link from Clive Mott-Gotobed's website may help identify the problem.

(Clive is a regular contributor in MMM) If your's is not an Omnistor step, most others opertae on similar principle.

http://motts.org/Omnistep.htm

Archived