satalite dishes

camocam1

When I was at the Nec on Sunday i was looking at satalite systems for MH as not got at the moment. Spoke to 4 different suppliers and got different information on reception in the north of Scotland where i live and where the MH isused most weekends. Some say ASTRA 2 covers all of uk plus most of europe others said that will not cover the north of scotland and when new satalite launched coverage will be worse. Anyone any ideas and what is best dome or dish ?? what one that is fully automatic unless someone can convince me that protable ones are easy to login to signal.

The lady at jacksons seemed most informed and say they do a uk wide fitting service, anyone used them ???

There is not just one satellite at 28.2 deg.but several.

The newest Astra 1N carries most of the free to air stuff we want to watch in the UK and has an excellent coverage of Scotland, Norway and parts of Sweden as well! Unfortunately it will soon be replaced by 2F and that will have a tight beam on the UK, so the signals will disappear in southern France and Spain etc.

2F has predicted cover which iincludes all of Scotland, but I think if you leave the UK they will probably turn the Scottish beam off.

Any dish should do the job, but not if you are behind one of those large rain drenched mountains.

H

As Hallii said - The new Astra 2F will be somewhat tighter on the UK than previous models and if you take a look at this http://www.satandpcguy.com/Site/astra_2f_satellite_reception_footprint_map_uk_tv_spain.php you can see that the UK spot beam will be a bit close to the north of Scotland so I would go for the biggest dish you can get hold of (Oyster 85cm should do the job.

I know many people are happy with domes but as they have only a 40cm dish and some will not depress low enough for northern extremes I would discount them for the areas you propose to use it.

Archived