Am I Thick

fairweather camper

fairweather camper - 2012-10-23 1:04 PM

I have just been on C.A.C. Tanks web page trying to order a part, well I must be thick because I cannot see anywhere where you can order anything, or am I missing something ?. It is one of the most user unfriendly sites I've ever used. >:-( :'( :$

As far as I can see, and recall from buying from CakTanks, they do email and telephone sales, not online. There's no basket.

Download the catalogue and give them a call

regards

alan b

usual disclaimers

I used to deal with a man who had a building full of all sorts of car parts dating back to the year dot.

He never answered the phone, had no website, and only accepted cash. He was prone to close on a whim and open when he felt like it.

It was a dreadful purchasing experience,

Non the less he did very well, he could always find a part in the jumble and confusion of his stock, and he knew how much it was worth to the penny.

A bit like CAK tanks really, they have all the bits you can't get anywhere else, so they don't have to try, you just have to trade on their terms.

H

chris p abacon - 2012-10-24 6:08 PM

they wanted nearly £5 P&P for a £2 .40 spare

Pahhhhh!

You should try living in Northern Ireland

A well known Irish sounding purveyor of motorhome spares recently quoted £25 P&P for a hinge (which another dealer was able to send to me in a smallish envelope with a £1 stamp)

Oh!..Really?.... (lol)

(..sorry...I couldn't resist... :$ )

fairweather camper - 2012-10-24 5:11 PMFinally got through to CAK tanks, via email, but they wanted nearly £5 P&P for a £2 .40 spare, very light spare I might add, so told them not to bother and will get a friend to call and collect one, dont mind paying reasonable P&P charges, but I think this is way too much

That's really odd because of the dozens of transactions I've had with them over the past two years they have always charged for p&p according to weight and have never charged me an unreasonable rate. Like you, I simply wouldn't pay an unreasonable rate and would go elsewhere. It would be really interesting to know what the spare was.

Guest pelmetman
£5 for postage and packing 8-)...................................a bargain :D.....................You want to try posting a pouffe ;-)

Guest pelmetman
Tracker - 2012-10-24 7:45 PM

I'm glad I never asked that question!!

Have you never posted a pouffe Rich? ;-)

If you want any tips let me know :D

pelmetman - 2012-10-24 7:48 PM

Can't say that I have ever posted a pouffe Dave - especially not a thick one - they must be beggers to get through a letterbox!

Guest pelmetman
Tracker - 2012-10-24 7:54 PM

pelmetman - 2012-10-24 7:48 PM

Can't say that I have ever posted a pouffe Dave - especially not a thick one - they must be beggers to get through a letterbox!

Just pointing out in my usual dumb way that a bit might cost half a sixpence ;-) .............but it requires some one to go to the post office to post it ;-)....................would you do it for a fiver? ;-)

crinklystarfish - 2012-10-24 6:57 PM
fairweather camper - 2012-10-24 5:11 PMFinally got through to CAK tanks, via email, but they wanted nearly £5 P&P for a £2 .40 spare, very light spare I might add, so told them not to bother and will get a friend to call and collect one, dont mind paying reasonable P&P charges, but I think this is way too much

That's really odd because of the dozens of transactions I've had with them over the past two years they have always charged for p&p according to weight and have never charged me an unreasonable rate. Like you, I simply wouldn't pay an unreasonable rate and would go elsewhere. It would be really interesting to know what the spare was.
It was a small plastic plug waste

pelmetman - 2012-10-24 9:51 PM

Just pointing out in my usual dumb way that a bit might cost half a sixpence ;-) .............but it requires some one to go to the post office to post it ;-)....................would you do it for a fiver? ;-)

Point taken Dave but with larger companies Royal Mail and Parcelfarce collect and Jiffy bags bought in bulk are very cheap?

fairweather camper - 2012-10-25 12:43 AM
crinklystarfish - 2012-10-24 6:57 PM

It was a small plastic plug waste

In which case it seems like they didn't want the business.

Archived