Cover & Blinds

Ninian

Hi, Just had an e-mail from Riversway Leisure and they have on offer the Riviera Motorhome Cozi Deluxe Covers and the Milenco External Blinds. Have any of you bought these and would recommend them or is it a case of definitely not. Thanks.

Covers can cause internal condensation and externally cause chaffing to the paintwork so we don't use one.

Those screen covers look a bit rubbish in my opinion....not a good fit and a very small opening.  Chances are if you bought this one you'd be looking at buying a good one from Silverscreens before long.......

Just my 2d worth.

I would only use a good quality cover. We use a tailor fit Pro Tec cover. Clean the van, when dry, cover it up, it is then protected from any frost seam damage or mildew/algae attack. The cover breathes so no condensation. Uncover the next year, the van is clean with no paint damage. Saves all that hard work cleaning after the winter.

Brian B.

Hi Ninian

Milenco external blinds - not the 'best' out there and they seem to be 'one size' so there will be some compromise with them fitting wise depending on your cab. I should think you'll feel very closed in with just the small centre flap open when sitting inside - on the Silver Screen and Taylormade versions the front windscreen part folds down along it's whole width so much more light can get in if you want. It also doesn't appear to have any securing straps around the windows so I would imaging it would be liable to flap in the wind.

You'll probably be better off getting a good quality second hand set and they'll probably cost you less than the Milenco ones - we recently got some virtually new long length ones off Ebay for less than half the cost of the Milenco ones. :-D

As for the motorhome covers, we thought about getting one for our former van, a Chausson Flash 04, but decided it would involve too much prating around, especially as we tend to take our van out for runs every couple of weeks to keep it 'sweet' so would end up continually having to clean it to put it away. If you aren't going to use your van for months on end then I can see the merit in protecting it from the weather, but then your 'mechanical' bits could suffer .... :-S

Archived