New Truma Combi 4E : Problems

Rayjsj

I think Ray has same 'problem' as us, the control is much to coarse, a tiny movement of dial and van goes from too cold to too hot. It's made worse on our year of Globecar by the controls being easily brushed against, although that's something I will alter this winter.

It's not really the coarseness of the 'room temperature' control's action that makes obtaining a steady temperature difficult - it's the coarseness of the way Truma combination air/water heaters operate. Even if the rotary control-switch were, say, much larger diameter with 1-20 number-settings and a 'click' detent between each number-setting, this would not alter a 'combi's' blunt-instrument way of air-heating.

I touched on this here, with the Irish anecdote

http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=26098&posts=8

A 'combi's' air-heating sequence is a permutation of On/Off, gas-burner output (2 or 3 burner settings according to the model of appliance) and the speed of the blown-air fan. Subtle it is not.

Although the CP-25 control-panel allows the room temperature to be set on a single Centigrade-degree basis, unless the operation of a Combi has been modified to provide such fine temperature control (and I can't see how that would be done) the potential for too hot/too cold will still be there.

I guess the CP-25 might make room temperature selection simpler for people, as (like a domestic central-heating system) one chooses a specific temperature, rather than needing to learn by experience that a number on the Combi's rotary control-switch equates to "about right".

Archived