Morocco (again)

hallii

Hello all, after considering where to go in March / April 2013 we have finally decided on Morocco.

We have been before but tent camped and used hotels.

This time we will go along the beaches and stay at organised "Aires" or camp sites.

Crossing at Cueta and meandering along the coast perhaps as far as Agadir.

Any advice on camp sites Aires etc are most welcome, also any "not to miss" bits.

We won't go inland much, we have done most of that, but anything of interest on the coast or near to it is what we are looking for. About a 4 week stay is planned.

H

PS if anyone wants to tag along on an informal basis you would be welcome.

I copied this from another forum, written by a man who knows a great deal about Morocco, I am sure he won't mind.

hi camping gas is readily available . and cheap or get a full size local bottle worth it . 

ceuta to tetouan then across to larache 

from larache to kenitra take the toll road .then hug the coast .

rabat ,casablance really hug the coast its the easiest way to get through ./ and the prettyist . 

at safi ignore the signs .head towards the port then just before it turn left and hug the coast . free parking or guardian parking almost every where . 

come back via marrakech then down to the desert towns .back up through fez .meknes and a must volubilis .then chefchauen to ceuta . 

get a michelin 742 map . between rabat and casa get on the white road on the map. 

we hug the coast and are in trucks the roads are ok . 

have fun we do ./ i might say dont go till dec as maroc can be rainy in the north in november but time is yours not mine . cheers inshallah .

Archived