Maggy - did you get your new van today????

Mel B

(lol) OPs sorry ! too tired to come on :-D Yes we have our new baby the handover went fine no probs both Marquise and Brownhills have been very helpful Ive been sorting out details! OH and the van !! goodness know where everything Ive horded is going 8-) were going to have to downsize on lots of things, the worst thing is Ive got to find a DRINKs cupboard, the microwave has taken a cupboard !! never mind Im sure we,ll manage it is a lovely ride isnt it?? I dont think O.H will give it up easily. :-D

Guest JudgeMental

Maggy....what is it plse...... :-S

I have my pen out ready to add your name to forum converts to far more sensible panel vans.....Just need to make sure I'm right :D

JM Ive taken about 5 minutes to work out what plse is (lol) and I took shorthand when a bairn ;-) it is a Autocruise Alto 2013 model Oct 2012 release, they have made a few changes since we first saw the Alto different colour furnishings and wood with white cupboard doors I wasnt sure if I was going to like it but to my own surprise I like it :-D I bet your O.H knows what Im talking about when I say I stood and looked and thought GOSH how much do I have to leave at home ;-) but I know Ill get used to it as you and Mel and a few others have, we just have to get it sorted now gas/solar panel, not sure if were bothering with sat dish !

Ive got to love it! no going back now and Im sure I wont want to once we have had a summer in it! so yes add me to that list. :-D

Great stuff Maggy, after all the worry etc I'm really pleased it all went okay in the end.

Perhaps we ought to start a club for panel van conversion owners ...

PVC Maniacs perhaps? (lol)

Just realised ... in the case of the Judge that could have TWO meanings!!! 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

Guest Peter James
I prefer light colours inside because when have got no hook up and using battery lighting the light colored furnishings make the light go much further :-)

(lol) Well you never know JM after 51 years of marriage having to get closer (small double) might not be a bad thing >:-)

I think I might just have found a home for everything with room to spare :-D must of forgotten something????

Yes its good to have it behind us now you worry about things more as you get older :-S daft really its just best to deal with things as they come up !!

John has booked it in to get the Refillable gas fitted at Thirsk middle of Nov; I have gone off the idea of going away now ! unless we get a heat wave (lol) we will just take our time preparing for an early getaway next year.

dshague - 2012-11-01 8:35 PM

you will love it sitting in van with the large sliding door open take in that wonderful view

when you come to re packing new van if you have not used it for a year then its bin time .

good idea a pvc club   

Im looking forward to sitting looking at the view from the open door :-D only thing is like Mel Ill have to rig something up to stop my two escaping !! and yes we do take thing JUST in case we need it! only thing is my garden shed is going to be untidy until my Sons come to see if they NEED it for their caravans! >:-)

flicka - 2012-11-01 10:14 PM

Glad to hear everything turned out right in the end after all your concerns, maggyd.

I'm sure you'll get all the essentials in when push comes to shove (lol) after all we could all get away with much less than we "think" we might need.

Not if your married to my wife you wouldn't!

dshague - 2012-11-02 7:29 PM

have seen a baby gate fitted to sliding door opening to keep dogs in when not in use put in bag and  fastened on to bike rack

That's what I'm looking to do when I get my van back, I've got a 'rigid' type of baby gate and a 'travel' one which folds down and goes in a slim bag (car boot treasures!), so I'll see which is the best one to use.

Mel B - 2012-11-02 8:48 PM

have seen a baby gate fitted to sliding door opening to keep dogs in when not in use put in bag and  fastened on to bike rack

That's what I'm looking to do when I get my van back, I've got a 'rigid' type of baby gate and a 'travel' one which folds down and goes in a slim bag (car boot treasures!), so I'll see which is the best one to use.

Ill be interested to see which one you use Mel; your probably going to be away long before we need one (I must start going to car boots again) (lol)

derek pringle - 2012-11-03 12:46 PM

Well, if the dogs were in a bag fitted to bike rack then you wouldn't even need a baby gate would you. (lol)

cheers

derek

Now Derek ;-) Why didnt I think of that !!

Archived