2013 Premier Parks revealed!

peterrosey

Shameless plug alert!

But we're really proud of the 2013 collection of Premier Parks and wanted to let you know about it!

The group now has 84 brilliant campsites in it:

http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/Information/premierparks

New for this year is an 'offer of the week' section here, be quick to bag a bargain...

http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/Information/PremierParkWeeklyOffers

Certain of the campsites are offering 4 nights stay for the price of 3 here:

http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/Information/PremierParksReaderOffers

Thanks everyone, hope you enjoy these campsites!

Peter Rosenthal

Premier Parks Editor

Well,I've only just had a quick look at the list..and already,I've noticed that the adult only parks of Two Oaks at Glastonbury and Wells Holiday park,are £17 and £15 respectively...so the line " ..cheapest from £32.." is slightly wide of the mark... ;-)

Although having said that,are folk really expecting bargain,knock down pitch prices from something entitled "Premier" Parks..... (lol)

Due to money and time(lack of both *-) ) and being a couple of decades away from retirement,our usage is pretty much "confined" to the UK for the foreseeable future....

There have been the odd few Fri/Sat breaks,where we've paid around 20odd quid a night..but they've been city/town centre sites(eg Baltic Wharf at Bristol,Riverside at Stratford etc)...but most have been nearer the £15-17 mark....and we've never even been threatened with these 30-35 quid sums that folk speak of.... :-S

Whilst it would seem a litlle daft paying those sorts of figures(especially when there may be smaller CL type sites available),the fact is,it's their money and if they won't to spend it a "Premier" listed site,that is their business not ours'... ;-)

pepe63 - 2012-11-02 8:49 AM

Well,I've only just had a quick look at the list..and already,I've noticed that the adult only parks of Two Oaks at Glastonbury and Wells Holiday park,are £17 and £15 respectively...so the line " ..cheapest from £32.." is slightly wide of the mark... ;-)

Although having said that,are folk really expecting bargain,knock down pitch prices from something entitled "Premier" Parks..... (lol)

Just have another look at what i actually put.

I was referring to the one closest to where i live which openly displays

" From £32 per night "

And if you want " Really Scary Prices " there is one on the outskirts of Blackpool

NOT a " Premier Park " i must add that charges a " Mind Boggling " £65 per night

in high season and is always full !

You can see the touring area from the road which we drive down when visiting

family that live over that way.

Had a quick look at the list, we have stayed at Castlerigg Hall. A lovely site, priced from £18.50

Nice on- site restaurant, real ale pub with bar meals next door, superb scenery and lovely walks.

If a site has got what we want I'll pay the price.

Some weekends we prefer a CL in a field, so varied campsite use. Thanks for the links Peter.

Wooie...Sorry but no need for me to have another look at what you "actually" put because I was responding, albeit not very clearly, to Urbanracer's post... :$

urbanracer - 2012-11-01 10:58 PM

Agree with last post cheapest from £32 and then plus,with cost of motorhome,fuel ,tax insurance that becomes expensive.

...I suppose my point was,that it doesn't take many "misquoted"/out of context figures(figures that'll probably be "re-quoted" several times), before a distorted picture emerges....

Having said that..I'd have to be a VERY VERY long way outside Blackpool before I even considered paying 65 quid a night! (lol) (lol)

The Premier Parks we list do offer a range of prices but it's really the quality of the campsites that separates them.

For example, some of the latest shower blocks, with posh touch-controls and fancy lighting would rival any hotel. They really do lead the way in terms of high-quality facilities.

Make sure you check out the online offers, too - we have both regular 4 for 3 night offers AND regularly weekly offers. These will feature different parks each week, so it's well worth keeping an eye on this page to see if the campsite you fancy is featured.

I visit hundreds of campsites a year and I'd suggest any 'commercial' sceptics try a Premier Park.

They vary from quiet rural sites for couples to all-singing-and-dancing holiday parks, but all of them do what they do very well.

Surely the whole point of spending a large slice of our kid's inheritances on an all singing bells and whistles motorhome with all the conveniences of home is so that we don't need to use site facilities?

Personally I find the proposition of walking across to a shower block and walking back to the van afterwards most unattractive - especially when I don't even need to - and very reminiscent of the old days of basic caravans, motorhomes or tents - and they call this progress?

The only thing worse than a week in captivity of one of these awful sites would be two weeks in captivity!

I'm a motor caravanner - get me out of here!

Tracker - 2012-11-08 11:39 AM

Surely the whole point of spending a large slice of our kid's inheritances on an all singing bells and whistles motorhome with all the conveniences of home is so that we don't need to use site facilities?

That is not necessarily " the whole point " of buying a motorhome.

I got mine because I like to tour independently , in comfort - and I don't like hotels.

Where people stay in their vans is purely a matter of personal preference.

Guest pelmetman
peterrosey - 2012-11-08 11:30 AM

For example, some of the latest shower blocks, with posh touch-controls and fancy lighting would rival any hotel. They really do lead the way in terms of high-quality facilities.

Yep just booked one ;-)...........

In Spain for 435 euros......£350 quid ish..........for 32 nights.........= £10.93 per night + electric.........

That's on a brand new site with indoor outdoor pools, restaurant, bar, activities, medium size super pitch, for 2 persons, dog, camper, two awnings, a trailer. walking distance of the beach B-)

So for one night in Blackpool I can have nearly a week in the sun................I know which I prefer :D

pelmetman - 2012-11-08 12:34 PM

peterrosey - 2012-11-08 11:30 AM

Yep just booked one ;-)...........

In Spain for 435 euros......£350 quid ish..........for 32 nights.........= £10.93 per night + electric.........

That's on a brand new site with indoor outdoor pools, restaurant, bar, activities, medium size super pitch, for 2 persons, dog, camper, two awnings, a trailer. walking distance of the beach B-)

So for one night in Blackpool I can have nearly a week in the sun................I know which I prefer :D

Ah yes .... agree that these types of Spanish sites are far superior as is the weather (usually)

but.... what about the cost of getting the mh to Spain and the extra travel insurance?

We've just paid our ferry crossings for January/February admittedly on the Portsmouth/Caen route and it aint cheap! Plus the diesel for the 2,000 mile round trip (from Calais) to get to the sunshine.

So keep the playing field level when comparing prices. (lol)

Guest pelmetman
Colin Leake - 2012-11-08 7:06 PM

32 nights at one location! No thanks we like to move about a bit and explore new locations all the time.

Horses for courses Colin ;-) ..............Our touring habits vary throughout the year, but in January its veg out time for a bit of winter sun B-)............

It'll be the first time we've ever spent a month in one place though, but we had 3 weeks in Calpe this January and enjoyed it very much :D

Guest pelmetman
Matrix Meanderer - 2012-11-08 4:52 PM

So keep the playing field level when comparing prices. (lol)

At £65 a night I reckon after 2 weeks I'd of spent the same as I will for a month in Spain ;-)

malc d - 2012-11-08 12:12 PM

That is not necessarily " the whole point " of buying a motorhome.

I got mine because I like to tour independently , in comfort - and I don't like hotels.

Where people stay in their vans is purely a matter of personal preference.

My apologies Malc - I was forgetting that many motorhomers are ex tuggers who have never lost that urge to be in a secure compound safely tucked up with all the other folks getting away from it all.

I, as do a few others on here, started in a motor caravanning era where adventure, exploring the unknown, doing something that few others dare to do, improvising and taking each day as it comes without a detailed plan to follow were the norm and I have no wish to change that now because I still love every minute of it - albeit in a little more comfort and reliability than in 1965!!

If we want posh facilities we either stay at home or in a hotel or cruise ship - but never on a camp site.

But that's just me - others see escape from whatever it is they are escaping from differently I guess?

(Dons flak jacket and tin hat and ducks below parapet to await incoming!!)

Tracker - 2012-11-08 7:35 PM

.................................. exploring the unknown, doing something that few others dare to do, improvising and taking each day as it comes without a detailed plan to follow

I think you are getting a bit carried away mate.

People who " explore the unknown, doing something that few others do, improvising and taking each day as it comes " -- buy a sledge and a pack of huskies and cross the Antarctic.

They don't trundle around Europe in a comfortable van with all mod cons ' bravely ' avoiding campsites.

:-|

malc d - 2012-11-08 10:11 PM

.................................. exploring the unknown, doing something that few others dare to do, improvising and taking each day as it comes without a detailed plan to follow

People who " explore the unknown, doing something that few others do, improvising and taking each day as it comes " -- buy a sledge and a pack of huskies and cross the Antarctic.

They don't trundle around Europe in a comfortable van with all mod cons ' bravely ' avoiding campsites.

I have also suspected that Tracker is a trundler and now it is confirmed. 8-)

malc d - 2012-11-08 10:11 PM

(lol)...You must've read my mind Malc..(..mind you,it would be a quick read ;-) ).

I see the self appointed "Non-conformist",Mr "No wrong ways-just different..", has been off on one of his flights of fancy again.... *-)

..we must've missed the thread where he announced that he'd traded in his latest,overweight,Autotrail for a Unimog Overlander ......

Tracker..We know you say you don't do UK sites or Clubs...because you never seem to tire of telling us ... *-)

You also never seem to tire of having a snidey,condescending dig at those that for what ever reason, do occasionally use UK sites.. Why is that exactly?....in fact why would you bother posting on a thread about 'sites anyway?..as their use,would be clearly beneath you....

..at least Dave posted his "alternative"... albeit way down in Spain( ..thanks for that Dave (lol) )

And as you brought up the subject of "Tuggers"...if anyone's coming over as a bit of a "tugger" on this thread,it's YOU.. (lol) (lol)

Archived