New EU Tyre Labelling Information

nowtelse2do

If ayone is intrested and I don't know how to post the link, but on the BBC News 1st of November, there was an article about these new EU Labelling guidelines that are being introduced. If you google 'this subject thread' you should be able to get it.

Also on the Tyre subject , I have heard that legislation is coming out soon that covers the age of a tyre on vehicles that will be checked at Mot time.

Dave

For much more on this GOOGLE on "EU tyre labelling" (omitting the quotes). Continental's website is good for information

http://www.conti-online.com/generator/www/uk/en/continental/automobile/themes/tyrelabel/eu-tyre-label.html

A couple of years ago, following a serious road-accident in the UK where old tyres were said to have been a contributory factor, representations were made to the Department for Transport that the age of a vehicle's tyres should be checked during the MOT test. Nothing came of this.

Checking tyre age is not currently included in the MOT test and, as far as I'm aware, there are no firm plans to introduce such a check. It may be that Dave's statement "...I have heard that legislation is coming out soon that covers the age of a tyre on vehicles that will be checked at Mot time..." is correct, but I can't find anything on-line to confirm this.

Archived