speedcoat???

KeithR

i have some small cracks around the plug on my shower tray, as the quotes for a new tray are very steep, i have been looking at other options. i found speedcoat on google and wondered if anyone has any knowledge of this? or can recommend anything else?? : :->

Afternoon all,

I saw it at the nec the other week and it puts a completly new lining on the surface which must be cheaper than replacing the whole lot, well worth looking into I would say. Let us know how you get on if you go ahead.

norm

it looks good, but i cant get a quote anywhere? a local dealer has offered me a similar product for a very good price, but he said he fills/seals the crack then primes and paints the shower base?? confuses me, i think of prime and paint as something you do to woodwork!, not plastic!! *-)

ill need to speak further with him, and continue looking for a speedcoat price. :-S

Have a look at www.branfibre.co.uk When i had my shower tray repaired they also coated the sink because that was showing cracks. Cost if i remember was about £200 . There is a campsite not far away

and they took me into Banbury while the repair was carried out.You may get the same treatment from any fibre glass repairer , ie boat yards.

The plastic tray in the toilet area of my Rapido started cracking, and the price quoted for fitting a replacement was eye watering. Brownhills suggested the alternative of a sealant, and spread some gunge all over the floor - I don't know if it is the same stuff as you have been asking about , but it seems to be pretty good. It did cost over £200 though, but the alternative is water rotting the floor.

lots to look at and digest, i think. i was worrried about the underneath, but the very small cracks are all round the plug, and at the point where i carelessly tread when i load the shower (i use it as a storage bin!!). they have been there a while, so i think perhaps there is no major problem hiding away(i hope).

all these systems seem to be very similar, and as ive been quoted a reasonable price (from a caravan repairer, not a freelance) i think i may go ahead. if it cracks again then it hasnt cost me loads and ill know the underneath will need action, too., and a different treatment.

Archived