To hook or not to hook?

Charles Chodkowski

Why not ? if you are close enough, you'll keep the batteries charged and you can keep the interior warm and dry too. I have done just that for 7 or 8 years with differant vans. Never drained the water boiler or had any frost damage. I consider the money spent on heating as 'insurance' against damage. Also keep a couple of mains powered 'Rodent scarers' going through the winter since a couple of 'visitors' (not Badgers !!) overwintered and left their 'marks' a few years ago. Ray

Ours is not kept at home, so no power We don't use in winter, and leave for weeks at a time, occaisionally going to the site to run the engine. Van always starts , We are on the south coast, so it is usually warmer here. The only thing we do is put a cvouple of those damp crystal things inside the van

PJay

We left our Rimor plugged in for the duration a few years back, it cost me a new engine starter battery and two heavy duty deep cycle batteries, total cost almost £350, they all boiled dry.

We now have one cable to power a small thermostatic oil filled radiator, and I plug in the EHU to maintain the batteries for a couple of days every fortnight.

It works for us.

AGD

Archived