Donna Nook grey seals!!!!

snowie

Just in case you haven't been; Grey Seals are "birthing" at Donna Nook.

I've lived in this area all of my life, so far, and I must have been to Donna Nook (North East Lincolnshire) at some point in my childhood. I never saw the grey seals, and certainly didn't see them at this time of year when they come ashore to give birth to their young.

They are just amazing. We called in after a visit to Louth and it ended a perfect day.

We were in the car, but will return in the van, for a day, later in the month, when there could be upwards of a thousand seals!!

cheers,

alan b

seals2.jpg.5ec466e757affcc2fa326a36700f5d1d.jpg

Guest pelmetman

We've been to Donna Nook on several occasions to see the seals.

Its amazing how close you get to them.

Every time we've visited its been absolutely freezing and not exactly what you might call an attractive area but worth going to see them all the same.

SUE

I think I'll have to agree with Crinkly.

The sun was just setting as we left, and I'd say it was pretty nice!

As a Yellowbelly I would say that tho"

I'm definately going back in a couple of weeks: 1000 seals and pups wow!

And don't they look like Labrador pups?

cheers

alan b

Quite how the Canadians can look at those beautifull eyes and then smack it on the head with a club is beyond me. I'd like to stand behind them and give them some of the same. >:-)

On a happier note we'll be going soon. Frieston shore has a wild beauty as well.

Hi

Donna nook is still used for target practice. however my understanding is that lasers and not "live" (Dummy) ordnance is now used?. They are in the process of clearing the range at Cowden Further North in "gods county" (Yorkshire) . We get the "big" (noisy) jets coming over as they come round the circuit on their bombing runs!!. they where "at it" again to-day.

I don`t really mind myself. but they can come a bit low at times!!

pete

Guest pelmetman
PeteH - 2012-11-13 8:18 PM

I don`t really mind myself. but they can come a bit low at times!!

Yep we get them REALLY LOW8-)................they scare the crap out of you when your'e not expecting it :D

BTW those seals are looking about ready for the bbq >:-)

Archived